Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

El Al (LY) Announced as AS Partner (5/13/2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

El Al (LY) Announced as AS Partner (5/13/2019)

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2019, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by gordo6
what I find strange is that BOS is also not a part of the codeshare agreement…
It's not very strange when you consider that BOS is a weaker station for AS than EWR (and MUCH weaker than LAX/SFO)- no BOS-SJC/SAN service.
Old May 14, 2019, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
How many partners do we currently have that do not yet have redemptions available?
2 not available yet- Aer Lingus & Singapore. Not that SQ will have much availability outside of economy.
2 that are broken - Icelandair and Korean
Old May 14, 2019, 8:42 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Even though awards are all messed up its still great to have something other than BA to fly and earn mileage on.Their 787 J seats look really nice.
Old May 14, 2019, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by safari ari
You can find AY awards to skirt around the BA surcharge, as well as CX/KE/DE through HKG/ICN/FRA. Nonetheless, if your technical integration team cannot get one system to talk to another to get award bookings in a timely manner then they should be fired and never employed again. I believe this is more negotiations as SQ is one of the harder partner airlines to get award space on, and AS probably decided to let people get credit flying them and figure out all the details later.
I would guess it isn’t the technical skills of the “technical integration team” members that is stopping/delaying the integrations. Rather it simply isn’t a high priority for AS, so they focus their resources on other projects or don’t have enough technical resources. They get the marketing benefit of announcing partners, the revenue from selling miles to partners, and none of the cost coming with integrations and/or additional redemptions.
eponymous_coward and jinglish like this.
Old May 14, 2019, 9:50 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
It's not very strange when you consider that BOS is a weaker station for AS than EWR (and MUCH weaker than LAX/SFO)- no BOS-SJC/SAN service.
AS flies SAN-BOS, with a decent connection time to LY's BOS-TLV.

That said, LY's BOS service is doing well, so maybe they don't need the feed.
wolfpacktrojan likes this.
Old May 15, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
yes!

Originally Posted by williwaw
Maybe those missing bags from SNA are headed to TLV.....
The last time I had misdirected bags, TLV is where they ended up, rather than BCN. Ooops.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 12:42 pm

I hate to bump an old thread but there's been scant discussion about the AS-LY partnership.

Is there any reason why we can't redeem AS miles for LY flights? My understanding is the LY miles can redeem for AS flights so why not in reverse?
Old Jun 5, 2020, 1:33 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by CurbedEnthusiasm
I hate to bump an old thread but there's been scant discussion about the AS-LY partnership.

Is there any reason why we can't redeem AS miles for LY flights? My understanding is the LY miles can redeem for AS flights so why not in reverse?

Well, probably because with all the downturn/cash burn, plus LY isn't really flying right now, plus they're planning on cutting up to 25% of their staff, it is probably very low on the list of things to fix. I also wouldn't get my hopes up on good redemptions or availability, as Matmid is not a very competitive program. Based on SQ and EI, this could take anywhere up to years to be completed. Will be fun to see how the new unity government handles LY with a cash stimulus.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 1:36 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

El Al will end their relationship with American on 3/30/24 and with Alaska on 6/30/24. LY's new partnership with DL goes live on 1/1/2024.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 1:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by dayone
El Al will end their relationship with American on 3/30/24 and with Alaska on 6/30/24. LY's new partnership with DL goes live on 1/1/2024.
Sad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.