Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delayed on AS 375 EWR-SFO (5/5/2019)

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2019, 12:18 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Not condescending! As a fellow Canadian (expat but I grew up there) I am well aware of day/month vs month/day confusion when dealing with the US. And this time they are both the same... I thought it was funny.
Maybe the irony is that all "official" dates in Government, Judicial, Healthcare, Insurance, Licensing, etc... are in YY(YY)/MM/DD format. Other firms may use MM/DD or DD/MM as my company did and drove me crazy after working in Police and 911 dispatch Services for many years. Therein lies the confusion domestically. That same confusion does not happen in the United States where everyone uses the same MM/DD format that I am well aware of. When traveling, I am always looking for the DD, MM, YYYY designation for the local format. If not apparent, I use 3 letters for the month.

I originally found your reply offensive when you attached a nationality as the cause of the confusion, it came off as arrogant.

[...]

Removed to appease.

[...]

James in Seoul

Last edited by Flying for Fun; May 8, 2019 at 4:16 pm
Old May 8, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
As a side note, I canceled my JL F award today for my return home this weekend. AA has $795 one-way PE fares from ICN to just about any destination in North America and South America (SEA, LAX, SFO, ORD, JFK, YVR, YYC,YYZ, SCL and others, book today fly tomorrow) with a free stopover in the US. Any changes are limited to a maximum $76 re-issue fee. (89,000 WON) I am flying back ICN-DFW on Friday and DFW-SCL on October 7th. My DFW-SEA segment to YLW was upgraded today. No further trips planned before October, yet!
What does any of this have to do with AS's IRROPS handling?
Old May 8, 2019, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by jinglish
What does any of this have to do with AS's IRROPS handling?
Oh? Was this a thread on AS's IRROPS handling? It isn't eveident in the Title! It is a side note for those that might be interested when they click on the non-descript AS flight which could just as easily be about the quality of a flight in a quest for EQM. If it appeases you, I can remove it. Let me know.

James in Seoul
Old May 8, 2019, 4:13 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by Repooc17
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...140Z/KEWR/KSFO - 6 hours per flightaware - not sure if sub-5 hours is possible for east to west heading.

Hey, at least it wasn't 8 hours+: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...140Z/KEWR/KSFO
Both of those flights were about six hours of air time (look at wheels up/down time on flight aware). I've never been a fan of flight aware showing total block time.
Old May 8, 2019, 4:19 pm

Prior post updated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.