Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS MP Signup Not Accepting Valid ZIP Code

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2019, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT

I am trying to sign up for a MP account to credit a flight (since AA no longer credits). I am entering a ZIP code of 60642 - valid for my address in Chicago - and keep getting an error message when trying to sign up: "The zip code does not match the city entered. Please verify and make changes if necessary, then click Join Mileage Plan." Any tips and tricks for getting this to work?
Old Apr 23, 2019, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by rdurlabhji
I am trying to sign up for a MP account to credit a flight (since AA no longer credits). I am entering a ZIP code of 60642 - valid for my address in Chicago - and keep getting an error message when trying to sign up: "The zip code does not match the city entered. Please verify and make changes if necessary, then click Join Mileage Plan." Any tips and tricks for getting this to work?
Please send a message to [email protected]. They will solve this for you and create a ticket with their dev team if necessary (sounds like it is).
Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rdurlabhji
Are you putting Chicago or some suburb name?
Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From ~ 8 years ago https://www.yelp.com/topic/chicago-6...code-not-vaild

https://www.unitedstateszipcodes.org/60642/
Old Apr 23, 2019, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
From ~ 8 years ago yelp....
Wowow. Going on for like 8 years? So ratchet. Never reported before from where I sit.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
It's probably hard coded to accept ZIP Codes 98101 to 98199 (Seattle) only.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Thanks for the advice here. I sent an email. The yelp thread is interesting - I have had occasional issues with online retailers and not known why before... I guess Alaska just never addressed this? Not too many folks from here signing up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.