Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

LAX AS Lounge Temporary Closure (22-26 April, 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX AS Lounge Temporary Closure (22-26 April, 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:58 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Based on the mock-ups, there should be tall seats at those standing tables, so hopefully they're still being delivered. Tall tables aren't a bad idea for those who might want to stretch their legs, especially during a connection but having the option to sit is always appreciated.

I see they've also re-purposed the old bar seats (the weird metal ones) along the windows, so maybe they're waiting on new design chairs there too.

As for the design - its in line with the rest of the AS lounges (and a few independent lounges I've seen) which seem to be going for a sorta, modern-minimalist Scandinavian IKEA vibe.
Old May 2, 2019, 10:43 am

Is the children’s area still there?
Old May 2, 2019, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Scotttheking
Is the children’s area still there?
I'm wondering the same thing...it was helpful to have that space available when I was traveling with my kids a few months ago (and our flight was delayed).
Old May 2, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I'm wondering the same thing...it was helpful to have that space available when I was traveling with my kids a few months ago (and our flight was delayed).
I believe the children's area and meeting rooms were removed to make room for more seating. I didn't notice it in this thread, but believe in another one folks showed photos of it removed/indicated it was gone.
Old May 2, 2019, 7:35 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
I believe the children's area and meeting rooms were removed to make room for more seating. I didn't notice it in this thread, but believe in another one folks showed photos of it removed/indicated it was gone.
You are correct. The children area and phone room areas were removed making the main space larger. The conference room area door is marked as "under construction" or something similar.

The remodeling is still underway. The bar and serving area have been untouched so far.

It is a mix of old and new for now. Some of the old sagging lounge seats remain and are expected to be eventually be replaced/renovated.
Along the North wall is a new wooden seat bench with some tables in front of the bench.
A small set of new lounge chairs with end tables are in place. The end tables between the chairs have power outlets. That style of seating looks comfortable and functional.

The people working there are nice as usual.
Old May 3, 2019, 1:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by PaperGlider
You are correct. The children area and phone room areas were removed making the main space larger. The conference room area door is marked as "under construction" or something similar.

The remodeling is still underway. The bar and serving area have been untouched so far.

It is a mix of old and new for now. Some of the old sagging lounge seats remain and are expected to be eventually be replaced/renovated.
Along the North wall is a new wooden seat bench with some tables in front of the bench.
A small set of new lounge chairs with end tables are in place. The end tables between the chairs have power outlets. That style of seating looks comfortable and functional.

The people working there are nice as usual.
Sounds like ANC- last week the conference room was still in tact. Good to have more space- they need it.
Old May 6, 2019, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Some pics from yesterday morning. Definitely feels like a work in progress...

Old May 6, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Are the computer cubicles gone? I liked those
Old May 6, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by brentyb
Are the computer cubicles gone? I liked those
They are gone, yes.
Old May 6, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: AS
Looks like they , along with the kids room are gone. Business area is gone. Looks like phone areas also gone.
SFO 777 Thanks for the great pics. These are a good overview and it is easy to see all knee walls have been removed.
Old May 6, 2019, 10:49 am

Hopefully they add seating to those long tables
Old May 6, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by ASA_1
Hopefully they add seating to those long tables
Since they are not in place by now, they must be back ordered.

Last edited by pcoll; May 6, 2019 at 2:24 pm
Old May 6, 2019, 2:03 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
It looks like they might not have any new seats yet? Aside from the couches that are attached to the walls?

Hard to tell, and my memories of the LAX lounge are getting a little fuzzy, but in SFO777's pictures:

Pic #2 - the light brown armrest chairs - aren't those the old ones from the LAX seating area?
Pic #3 & #4 - I don't recall if the seats without armrests are from a part of the previous lounge?
Pic #4 - Those are definitely the old bar table seats (metal wire frames) along the windows
Pic #5 - I think those are the old bar stools, right?

So, seems likely that more furniture, or replacement furniture, is still on the way to meet the new color scheme.

Some of the furniture might be repurposed, but I would bet that there's more chairs on the way to replace some of that.
steve64 and be_rettSEA like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.