Upgrade Order

Old Apr 19, 2019, 12:39 am
Original Poster

Upgrade Order

What happens in this scenario? 1U available. 75k w/companion (no status) booked on same reservation vs MVP (solo). Who gets the upgrade?
Old Apr 19, 2019, 1:47 am

Programs: AS 100K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold
By default, the MVP. However, if UG occurs at the gate, before it happens you could ask the GA to split you from companion over skipping upgrade. If they're not told otherwise, they will prioritize keeping your party together over giving an upgrade.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 2:23 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by icelandman2
By default, the MVP. However, if UG occurs at the gate, before it happens you could ask the GA to split you from companion over skipping upgrade. If they're not told otherwise, they will prioritize keeping your party together over giving an upgrade.
Or in my case, I talked to the gate agent who said he would have offered splitting us for the last F seat after telling the non-status flyer ahead of me that he couldn't buy the upgrade. When I returned to the gate, F was full and the guy ahead of me was in the last F seat. I guess he didn't like the answer and got someone else to sell the upgrade out from under me. It was on a pmVX Airbus so I wasn't too concerned but others might have been.

James in Capetown.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 9:01 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Not uncommon for my wife (MVPG ) or I (75K) to be split for an upgrade to FC when we have tickets with our 8 year old daughter (MVPG). At least 5x over the past 3 years. Last occurred 2 weeks ago.

Usually my wife and daughter are on same reservation code when flying to meet me somewhere. When all 3 of us are traveling together then my daughter and I are on the same reservation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.