Lounge Access Policies

Old Apr 18, 19, 12:10 am
JBD
Original Poster

Lounge Access Policies

My question concerns Lounge Access gained with First Class award tickets -

I see on AS' site their Alaska Lounge Policies and Rules showing the following:

Access
  • Passengers traveling on a paid First Class or a First Class award ticket (e.g., A, D, F, P, or I class of service) on flights operated by Alaska Airlines have access to Alaska Lounge locations only on their day of flight. These fares do not include entrance agreements into other airline clubrooms. To access the Alaska Lounge, passengers must show their same-day First Class boarding pass to the Alaska Lounge Staff. Passengers upgraded to First Class, (booked in U class of service) whether complimentary, paid, or using miles do not have complimentary access to the Alaska Lounge.
So if I'm booking an AA award for AS operated flights in First, am I entitled to lounge access? Or is the access only for those with AS Mileage Plan First Class award tickets?

Thanks in advance for your help with this.

Last edited by JBD; Apr 19, 19 at 2:44 am Reason: took out note to mods
Old Apr 18, 19, 12:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Passengers traveling on a paid First Class or a First Class award ticket (e.g., A, D, F, P, or I class of service) on flights operated by Alaska Airlines
My reading of that is you're fine. You're on a first class award ticket operated by Alaska Airlines.
JBD likes this.
Old Apr 18, 19, 12:21 am

Programs: AS and if I can't avoid it, UA. IHG Spire Amb, CET 7*
You've got a golden ticket. All good.
JBD likes this.
Old Apr 18, 19, 1:19 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
It will book you into an A fare, so yes, you will have lounge access.
dayone and JBD like this.
Old Apr 18, 19, 3:08 pm

I have a question about lounge access that I haven't been able to find. Do paid first class fares get access on arrival on a red eye? I have a P fare booked SEA to JFK. Can I access the lounge at JFK on arrival in the morning?
Old Apr 18, 19, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
Originally Posted by wwongo View Post
I have a question about lounge access that I haven't been able to find. Do paid first class fares get access on arrival on a red eye? I have a P fare booked SEA to JFK. Can I access the lounge at JFK on arrival in the morning?
Yes, you should be able to show it for access. Note that the JFK lounge doesn't have showers...
Old Apr 18, 19, 4:33 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Jumping off this thread, I booked PDX-SEA-JFK on Alaskan with AA miles. The PDX-SEA segment is operated by Horizon and booked into economy (W), while the SEA-JFK leg is in First (A) on Alaskan. I assume I will have lounge access in SEA, but will I have access in PDX as well?
Old Apr 18, 19, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by haventbeenthere View Post
Jumping off this thread, I booked PDX-SEA-JFK on Alaskan with AA miles. The PDX-SEA segment is operated by Horizon and booked into economy (W), while the SEA-JFK leg is in First (A) on Alaskan. I assume I will have lounge access in SEA, but will I have access in PDX as well?
Yes, you will have access in PDX as well. Show them the SEA-JFK boarding pass and that will get you in.
Old Apr 18, 19, 4:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP
First of all, Haventbeenthere, WELCOME to FLYERTALK.
Second... it is Alaska Airlines not Alaskan.
You will have access in both SEA and JFK. PDX may take some convincing.
Old Apr 18, 19, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by pcoll View Post
First of all, Haventbeenthere, WELCOME to FLYERTALK.
Second... it is Alaska Airlines not Alaskan.
You will have access in both SEA and JFK. PDX may take some convincing.
Iíve gotten in at PDX on PDX-SAN-STL trips where PDX-SAN was operated by WN and SAN-STL was an Alaska P fare. They just make a quick change in the computer and scan it.
Old May 27, 19, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by JBD View Post
My question concerns Lounge Access gained with First Class award tickets -

I see on AS' site their Alaska Lounge Policies and Rules showing the following:[b]

So if I'm booking an AA award for AS operated flights in First, am I entitled to lounge access? Or is the access only for those with AS Mileage Plan First Class award tickets?

Thanks in advance for your help with this.
following up jbd question will you get access to any aa lounges booking first with aa awardes on as flights?
Old May 27, 19, 10:50 am

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Ijones027 View Post

following up jbd question will you get access to any aa lounges booking first with aa awardes on as flights?
No, no major US airline gives lounge access for domestic F tickets (except special premium routes). You only have access to Alaska Lounges on a revenue/award ticket.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: