Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Help me identify this equipment - SAN-SEA, Jun 1, flt 1137

Old Apr 17, 19, 7:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVP; Hilton Diamond

I'm flying SAN-SEA-PUW on Jun 1st. I'm intending to use 2454 from SEA to PUW, giving me two potential choices for the SAN-SEA leg. I can use 1415 which departs SAN at 11:35, or 1137 which departs at 1:50.

Flt 1137 identifies as an Airbus A320, but the seat map looks like what I'm used to seeing for 737s. Are they in the midst of an equipment swap? If, as an MVP, I choose an exit row seat, will I get bumped out of it if they switch to a 737? If you were MVP and most valued the slim chance of an F upgrade (not saying I do... but it's a factor), which flight would you take?

Old Apr 17, 19, 7:56 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum
That is the seat map for one of the retrofitted Airbus' with the added row of F and addition of the premium class section.
icelandman2 and twitch76 like this.
Old Apr 17, 19, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVP; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX View Post
That is the seat map for one of the retrofitted Airbus' with the added row of F and addition of the premium class section.
Ah! I hadnít been paying attention to that thread.

So the retrofitted airbii will let MVPs book into the exit row? Iím glad to hear that. Well... decision made, then. Plus I didnít need to spend a couple extra hours in SEA.

Thanks.
Old Apr 17, 19, 11:40 pm

Programs: AS more so than UA these days
Well, you didn't post the seat map for 1415, but I can tell you that by looking at your map of 1137 above that it's loaded with elites and your chances of an upgrade as an MVP are low.
Old Apr 17, 19, 11:52 pm

Rows 7, 8, and 9 probably weren't PC when people booked, so I wouldn't guess things are that bad for an upgrade.
Old Apr 18, 19, 12:10 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Originally Posted by johnp012001 View Post
Rows 7, 8, and 9 probably weren't PC when people booked, so I wouldn't guess things are that bad for an upgrade.
If those werenít PC when booked, the seats were still elite only, so it looks elite heavy to me. plus F is quite full for this far out.
Old Apr 18, 19, 12:16 am

Programs: AS more so than UA these days
Originally Posted by johnp012001 View Post
7 F already assigned, and up to at least 5 elites already pre-assigned this far out in Y...I wouldn't count on it, but it is a Saturday.

It could very easily be swapped back to a non reconfig A320 though, which would only make things worse. G'luck!

be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Apr 18, 19, 4:51 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver, AS 75K 15-18
Originally Posted by NoLaGent View Post
7 F already assigned, and up to at least 5 elites already pre-assigned this far out in Y...I wouldn't count on it, but it is a Saturday.

It could very easily be swapped back to a non reconfig A320 though, which would only make things worse. G'luck!

I agree. When Swap occurs to old configuration, all of First Class Row 3 gets dumped onto Premium Seats. With 7F seats already strategically locked into Row 1 & 2, I wouldn't count on Row 3 being available.

Jiburi