Premium Class Dynamic Pricing

Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, New Sagaya
Premium Class Dynamic Pricing

Was watching PC availability for my daughter who is on an award ticket from ANC to PDX. This week the upgrade to PC was $49 and today after checking in the upgrade cost is $75. Hasnt noticed that before, is it new?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:25 pm

Programs: AS 100K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold
That's been around for at least the past couple of months. I saw that for February flights when I was looking in early January.
williwaw likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 10:15 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by icelandman2
That's been around for at least the past couple of months. I saw that for February flights when I was looking in early January.
Longer than that, I think. It is feature that was taken from VX.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
supply and demand ... probably many fewer PC seats available after T-24 when MVP can select for free
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, New Sagaya
I like the feature because it makes those open middles less likely to be filled if the price goes up.
dayone and icelandman2 like this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Originally Posted by williwaw
I like the feature because it makes those open middles less likely to be filled if the price goes up.
Except AS is placing saver fare travelers in PC seats... the combo of increasing PC prices and then giving them away to the lowest fare customers doesn't seem like the smartest move.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.