FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   "Travel Option" - Alaska Survey on a la Carte Items (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1965080-travel-option-alaska-survey-la-carte-items.html)

williwaw Apr 12, 2019 9:36 am

"Travel Option" - Alaska Survey on a la Carte Items

Received a link from AS asking about a number of bundles or a la carte add ons for travel. Everything from paying for different seats, bundling wifi and priority access with tickets, to paying for "Gold for a Day" packages. Also testing the idea of integrating parking, ground transportation and baggage delivery as items to add to a ticket.

VegasGambler Apr 12, 2019 9:39 am

Originally Posted by williwaw (Post 30992762)
Received a link from AS asking about a number of bundles or a la carte add ons for travel. Everything from paying for different seats, bundling wifi and priority access with tickets, to paying for "Gold for a Day" packages. Also testing the idea of integrating parking, ground transportation and baggage delivery as items to add to a ticket.

Gold for a day is interesting. Deposit all your canceled tickets for the year 😂

Flying for Fun Apr 12, 2019 9:50 am

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 30992770)
Gold for a day is interesting. Deposit all your canceled tickets for the year 😂

I am not sure that is what they had in mind. ;) Depending on cost the 50%-100% addiitional RDM might be eqivalent to the days RDM was offered as an add-on at ticket purchase.

James in Capetown

williwaw Apr 12, 2019 9:52 am

The survey described Gold for a Day as: change fee waiver, expedited security, priority boarding, free wifi, and drink. So I assume it would be ticket specific. I like the idea of expanding wifi access to Gold in general....

VegasGambler Apr 12, 2019 10:00 am

They actually describe Gold for a day as coming with free wifi? Maybe positive changes are brewing...

Other than JetBlue, does any US airline offer free wifi for anyone?

be_rettSEA Apr 12, 2019 10:02 am

Given they cancelled the Insights Community surveys, interesting to see them sending others. I'm curious if this is part of a new survey community, something sent to specific elite levels, part of post-flight survey?

Xrayman Apr 12, 2019 10:44 am

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 30992863)
They actually describe Gold for a day as coming with free wifi? Maybe positive changes are brewing...

Other than JetBlue, does any US airline offer free wifi for anyone?

Southwest does for companion level status holders.

safari ari Apr 12, 2019 10:52 am

Great, can't wait for 3/4 of the plane on a M/Th to be on Gogo and it to be even slower.

tusphotog Apr 12, 2019 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by Xrayman (Post 30993043)
Southwest does for companion level status holders.

Small correction: A-List Preferred gets free wifi. Companion pass holders don't get it, unless they also have A+. Interestingly, their wifi worked great over the pacific the other day on OGG-OAK, but was useless on OAK-PHX, which only had 26 people on it. Go figure.

PaperGlider Apr 12, 2019 1:14 pm

I'd be willing to pay more for a flight package bundled with a pre departure beverage... :)

MonThruThurs Apr 12, 2019 5:44 pm

I didn’t find any of the options appealing. Seems like AS feel they have squeezed every dollar out of 75Ks and the golds that pay for F. Now, they’re trying to juice the segment golds and regulars.

Beltway2A Apr 12, 2019 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by williwaw (Post 30992824)
The survey described Gold for a Day as: change fee waiver, expedited security, priority boarding, free wifi, and drink. So I assume it would be ticket specific. I like the idea of expanding wifi access to Gold in general....

This reminds me of the "plans change pass" and other addons VX used to offer.

finlandia Apr 12, 2019 7:49 pm

Some were things I get now via status. Why would I pay more for that? Seems like this survey is going to produce some odd results.

​​

williwaw Apr 12, 2019 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by finlandia (Post 30994743)
Some were things I get now via status. Why would I pay more for that? Seems like this survey is going to produce some odd results.

​​

Fully agree - I had no idea how to rate the choices at times. I'd look at the list and all the stuff that matters I get for free - so I picked something further from my real interest.

missamo80 Apr 13, 2019 11:27 am

Originally Posted by safari ari (Post 30993082)
Great, can't wait for 3/4 of the plane on a M/Th to be on Gogo and it to be even slower.

2ku is coming soon enough and Gogo will be but a distant memory. Wifi as a paid ammenity on flights is going to eventually fade, just like paid wifi at airports.