Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Routes Do You Want Alaska Airlines to Fly? (2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Routes Do You Want Alaska Airlines to Fly? (2019)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2019, 9:05 pm

Honestly?

Beyond my fever dream of them making nice with Delta?

I'd like more flights that leave slightly later. Even on the earliest flights out of PUW, I'm often aced out of the one, lone early SEA -> East Coast Destination flight. Three times this year already I've ended up on a Delta flight because the Alaska schedule will take 18+ hours to get me across the country.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
SAN-CUN.

Currently, closest nonstops are LAX (DL, UA) and TIJ (YA, VB - 2x weekly).
Old Apr 27, 2019, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gongbo
Moving from Portland to Phoenix, where Salt Lake City is my frequent destination. Did some research on flight route and find that most non-stop flight between these two cities are with AA, Delta or Southwest. Alaska operated flight only goes from PHX to SEA (or PDX) then to SLC. There is no way to use it as it is much more expensive and time consuming.

Alaska did have partnership with AA so you can book AA non-stop flight on Alaska website, however, AA flight doesn't provide ANY elite benefit to AS elite right now.

I like my Alaska elite program but am thinking to switch to Delta. I would like to suggest Alaska to operate a non-stop flight between PHX and SLC, or at least connected via Las Vegas. Both city are big metropolitan area with more than million population. The distance is short so guaranteed profitable. This also help Alaska to provide a much better coverage away from Northwest.
If I were given the choice between AA and DL....

I'd get to know WN really well
Old May 9, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG, SPG-Marriott Bonvoy LT Plat
More Bay Area options - OAK and CCR

There must be a reason they don't do this but why not expand out of Oakland to LAX/SAN to feed Mexico and long range LAX flights? They dropped OAK-SNA almost 10 years ago. Why let WN have all the business??

OAK-LAX
OAK-SAN

Oakland's Airport misses SFO's ATC delays most of the time as does SJC. Alaska is certainly doing this out of SJC. Connections would be a bit more reliable than someone departing/arriving to SFO during low-visibility days.

Also, explore and start up service at CCR, Buchanan Field in Concord, CA. Have some flights to LAX and SEA, during times when people can connect out of there. Lots of folks live in the area who could skip the trip to SFO. (it's a 1:15 minute BART ride or a whole bunch of $$ for Uber.) I wrote to AS about CCR a few years ago with these ideas but I guess their feasibility study (if they did one,) proved otherwise. JetSuiteX has been serving CCR for a few years but AS would offer a feed to AS's options out of LAX and SEA and maybe PDX too that could strength business for them overall.
Old May 9, 2019, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by rosscali
There must be a reason they don't do this but why not expand out of Oakland to LAX/SAN to feed Mexico and long range LAX flights? They dropped OAK-SNA almost 10 years ago. Why let WN have all the business??

OAK-LAX
OAK-SAN

Oakland's Airport misses SFO's ATC delays most of the time as does SJC. Alaska is certainly doing this out of SJC. Connections would be a bit more reliable than someone departing/arriving to SFO during low-visibility days.

Also, explore and start up service at CCR, Buchanan Field in Concord, CA. Have some flights to LAX and SEA, during times when people can connect out of there. Lots of folks live in the area who could skip the trip to SFO. (it's a 1:15 minute BART ride or a whole bunch of $$ for Uber.) I wrote to AS about CCR a few years ago with these ideas but I guess their feasibility study (if they did one,) proved otherwise. JetSuiteX has been serving CCR for a few years but AS would offer a feed to AS's options out of LAX and SEA and maybe PDX too that could strength business for them overall.
CCR:OAK::OAK:SFO. JetSuiteX started at CCR but they've built up significantly more at OAK since then. Just looking at local catchment areas you'd think CCR would do better but it's probably hard to overcome the name recognition and path dependency of OAK. Same problems for OAK vis-a-vis SFO.
Old May 9, 2019, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does CCR have the required security (like, TSA checkpoints?)
Old May 9, 2019, 1:30 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Does CCR have the required security (like, TSA checkpoints?)
No and baggage claim is the cart pulled from the plane to the parking lot.
Old May 9, 2019, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So, without a TSA checkpoint, can AS even fly out of there? I read on some blog post (about JetSuiteX) that planes with more than 31 seats require passengers to go through a TSA checkpoint. I assume than that's true? Does AS have planes configured with 31 or fewer seats?
Old May 9, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: Alaska MM, AA MM, BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
I flew into/out of Concord several times in the early 90's on PSA/US Air on a BAE 146. They flew to LAX. Loved the plane and the convenience. Lived in LA and worked in Concord for 4-6 weeks. Obviously pre-9/11 but they do have a terminal. Not sure when the discontinued the service. I am sure northern East Bay folks would love it...unless they were in the flight plan.
Old May 9, 2019, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
So, without a TSA checkpoint, can AS even fly out of there? I read on some blog post (about JetSuiteX) that planes with more than 31 seats require passengers to go through a TSA checkpoint. I assume than that's true? Does AS have planes configured with 31 or fewer seats?
There is no way AS will fly there anytime soon. If people want more flights to CCR, they should support JetSuiteX. If they are wildly successful there, maybe at some point, the terminal space will be expanded. In the meantime, buy your own jet or fly JetSuiteX.
Old May 9, 2019, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
There is no way AS will fly there anytime soon.
This is true for about 90% of the posts in this thread: please be sure to pass what you're smoking to some AS route planners if you want your dreams to become reality.

But this isn't the place to harsh someone's mellow, dude. It's "what do you want" not "you're silly for wanting something even if it's probably not very practical"...
Old May 9, 2019, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
This is true for about 90% of the posts in this thread: please be sure to pass what you're smoking to some AS route planners if you want your dreams to become reality.

But this isn't the place to harsh someone's mellow, dude. It's "what do you want" not "you're silly for wanting something even if it's probably not very practical"...
In that case I want AS to launch helicopter service between my roof and my place of employment. Because those Ford GoBike miles rack up too slowly.
Old May 9, 2019, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
AS route planners
AS still has route planners? Thought they took this year off.
Old May 9, 2019, 7:27 pm

Instead of new routes, what I truly want is alaksa's flights out of Seattle to midwest/eastcoast cities take into account the fact that many people do not want to waste a whole day flying - offer flights leaving 5-6pm or even redeyes instead of the crappy 8am-10am takeoffs for flights to cities like MCI/OKC/IND and so on. It will enable leaving slightly earlier on Friday and spend the weekend at these smaller cities, flying back sunday night/monday early morning.
Old May 9, 2019, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nomiiiii
Instead of new routes, what I truly want is alaksa's flights out of Seattle to midwest/eastcoast cities take into account the fact that many people do not want to waste a whole day flying - offer flights leaving 5-6pm or even redeyes instead of the crappy 8am-10am takeoffs for flights to cities like MCI/OKC/IND and so on. It will enable leaving slightly earlier on Friday and spend the weekend at these smaller cities, flying back sunday night/monday early morning.
Yes, this. And it's not only SEA.

I was looking at going to FLL. The flight from SFO is seasonal for some reason (is the beach ever not in season?). There is still a flight from LAX but it leaves at 8am. ...?? That is a terrible time for an eastbound flight. That means that if I go, it will be on UA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.