Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Routes Do You Want Alaska Airlines to Fly? (2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Routes Do You Want Alaska Airlines to Fly? (2019)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2019, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by CZBB
I was simplifying, but go and have a read of this thread: SNA-YVR discontinued after one day Where Alaska learned the hard way, that unless there are staff on site, a pre-cleared aircraft cannot land.

Basically, you'll need to have USCBP staffing, and the ability to separate the passengers if the US authorities deems it necessary. PAE does not have either.
Again, there's something missing, because this is no problem at LGA and DCA. LGA has no USCBP staffing at all; DCA has no USCBP staffing for commercial flights; and neither has the ability to separate passengers (although at any airport you could segregate a plane on the ramp somewhere with a secure perimeter). If an agent from one of the nearby ports of entry (Baltimore or New York) comes to the airport to be there in case needed, the same thing could be done at PAE (from any of Seatac Airport, the Port of Seattle, or Blaine).
Old Oct 16, 2019, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by ashill
Again, there's something missing, because this is no problem at LGA and DCA. LGA has no USCBP staffing at all; DCA has no USCBP staffing for commercial flights; and neither has the ability to separate passengers (although at any airport you could segregate a plane on the ramp somewhere with a secure perimeter). If an agent from one of the nearby ports of entry (Baltimore or New York) comes to the airport to be there in case needed, the same thing could be done at PAE (from any of Seatac Airport, the Port of Seattle, or Blaine).
Nothing at all missing - there must be USCBP staff, even if they don't have a USCBP processing point there. I don't know if that means there must be one person to clear cargo shipments, or what the requirement is. I only know this because that was the exact reason Alaska had to discontinue SNA-YVR flights after the first day. There was nothing more to it - that was it.
CZBB likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.