Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2019, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
“Premier” Class

Oops - this month’s onboard magazine.

Old Apr 7, 2019, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
that’s excellent!
Old Apr 7, 2019, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's good. Because there's nothing I hate more than being stuck with an economy class cup holder.

It looks nice though. Seat back IFE is the bane of my existence so being able to shove the tablet into the seat pocket and pretend it doesn't exist wins me over.

Is it just me or is that cupholder in a really strange spot?
Old Apr 7, 2019, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
That's good. Because there's nothing I hate more than being stuck with an economy class cup holder.

It looks nice though. Seat back IFE is the bane of my existence so being able to shove the tablet into the seat pocket and pretend it doesn't exist wins me over.

Is it just me or is that cupholder in a really strange spot?
Personally I’d like a holder that allows my tablet or PC for work to be on the table and help prevent knocking the cup off. But then you have to commit to a side (lefty vs righty).
Old Apr 7, 2019, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by williwaw
Personally I’d like a holder that allows my tablet or PC for work to be on the table and help prevent knocking the cup off. But then you have to commit to a side (lefty vs righty).
That's why I think it looks like it's in a strange spot. Is it even accessible if there's anything else on the table? It looks like you will be in the awkward position of trying to reach around your device to get to your drink. I predict more than the usual number of spilled drinks destroying electronics...
jjmadison and missamo80 like this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The right place is as a foldout from the seat back, but with the tablet holder there they don't really have the real estate for it.

I keep meaning to make something that clips to the side or back of a tray, sort of like a cup-pilot, but for attaching to the deployed tray.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 8:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Oops - this month’s onboard magazine.

How do I fly in "Premier Class"? Is it offered on flights to/from 'Clevelumbus'?
Old Apr 7, 2019, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bbinchi
How do I fly in "Premier Class"? Is it offered on flights to/from 'Clevelumbus'?
It's Alaskan Airline's version of economy plus.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 11:37 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
This will not fix the problem of people pushing or bumping your seatback. It will make it worse.

Just as I have dozed off, the person behind will hang the tablet, push the screen. plug in the usb cord, push the screen 23x, then plug into the 110v receptacle, etc. all at random times.

Instead, 110v outlets under the seat completely avoid that. The tray tables being designed to attach below the seatback also isolated movements on the tray from the person in front.

Everyone adapts to using kickstands or whatever to hold their phone or tablet.

I am sorry, this sketch is much to do about nothing positive for me, and for "premier class".
BearX220, pcoll and jjmadison like this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 1:42 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
It's Alaskan Airline's version of economy plus.
"Premier Class" doesn't exist on AS (it's "Premium Class") and I was calling out that mistake in the copy and coining a term to play off another marketing gaff when AS published a map showing Columbus, Ohio essentially in Cleveland's location. I like to think whoever writes their marketing copy and designs their creative could get it right.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 1:54 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Every time I fly UA I watch people fumble with those device holders. Best part is they grab the seatback ahead of them to stand up...thus jarring the device loose. Oops!

These things are like cupholders on German cars - grudgingly provided and designed in the most passive aggressive manner possible.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 5:24 am

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
"Premier Class" doesn't exist on AS (it's "Premium Class") and I was calling out that mistake in the copy and coining a term to play off another marketing gaff when AS published a map showing Columbus, Ohio essentially in Cleveland's location. I like to think whoever writes their marketing copy and designs their creative could get it right.
whoosh
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:11 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
"Premier Class" doesn't exist on AS (it's "Premium Class") and I was calling out that mistake in the copy
And VegasGambler was playing off that by calling it Alaskan Airlines.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Coming to the Boeing fleet in 2022ish......
Old Apr 8, 2019, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by ashill

And VegasGambler was playing off that by calling it Alaskan Airlines.
He was just testing to see if it would cause this poster to break out in some sort of rash.
ashill likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.