Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

MVP Gold Check-In and Boarding Group Oddity

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MVP Gold Check-In and Boarding Group Oddity

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2019, 4:03 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
Had to call in about a different flight issue and brought up the bizzare boarding group with the phone agent. She mentioned that they’ve been getting several reports of this today and that we should just ignore the group letter and board when they call for preboarding of our status levels
Old Apr 4, 2019, 11:16 pm

Programs: AS G100K, DL PM, IHG Gold, HHonors Diamond
I was flying BWI to SEA today with my co-worker, and my co-worker is a MVP, and his boarding pass showed Group D. He went to talk to the GA, and she couldn't change him back to Group B. The GA told him to board with Group B anyway.

Might be because I got upgraded to F, my BP didn't have that problem.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 2:10 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist, M Life Gold, Wyndham Diamond, Caesars Diamond, IHG Plat
I am MVP Gold. I have notice more often that my boarding group would always be blank and once it said D group. I just ignore whatever the ticket says and board in the A group
Old Apr 5, 2019, 8:32 am

Update: by the time I got to the airport, my app was still showing row 8 with boarding group B and my name had dropped off the upgrade list. However, when I went to a kiosk to print my ticket, it gave me a first class boarding pass. Guessing that the app is just having some issues
Old Apr 5, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Silver, Hertz Five Star
Me too

Came here to post this same issue, though I do appear on the upgrade list. MVPG and BP shows "B".
Old Apr 5, 2019, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
I just boarded, went with my usual group.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: Gold 75K
Update: I checked with gate agents and they did not see me on the upgrade list either. There were other people at the gate wondering about their boarding group too. We all boarded in our usual positions.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last year my boarding group was blank a few times. I asked a GA about it once. She seemed surprised and wrote in "B" in pen (I was MVP at the time)
Old Apr 7, 2019, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by osubeavers01
I might grab a paper boarding pass at the airport to see if it also shows Group B
One anecdote: this past Wednesday my paper boarding pass (issued at baggage drop) clearly says both "MVP" and "Group D".

I asked the gate agent, who shrugged and said to board with B. (I'm a little unclear on who was supposed to be in A; on at least one of my flights in the last week nobody whatsoever boarded when they called A!)
Old Apr 7, 2019, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by glitchy
(I'm a little unclear on who was supposed to be in A; on at least one of my flights in the last week nobody whatsoever boarded when they called A!)
I think A group is supposed to be million milers, G75, and gold. At least, that’s the way the announced it for my flight today
Old Apr 7, 2019, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by osubeavers01

I think A group is supposed to be million milers, G75, and gold. At least, that’s the way the announced it for my flight today
That’s right.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...arding-process
Old Apr 8, 2019, 2:48 pm

Programs: AS 75k, B6 Mosaic
Am 75k and just checked in for a flight tomorrow, seeing group 'B'. Definitely feels like an IT issue/bug. Plan to just board when 75ks summoned..
Old Apr 8, 2019, 3:27 pm

Programs: Gold 75K
I had the glitch last Thursday 4/4 for my outbound flight, but everything was normal for my return flight this morning 4/8..
Old Apr 8, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Still an issue this morning on my 4/8 SFO-IAD flight. Group D on a premium class seat & 75k status.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 6:18 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
I'd be curious if it's happening in the reverse at all - e.g., non-elite folks in saver fares randomly getting Group A or B, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.