Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Earn double miles flying nonstop coast to coast.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn double miles flying nonstop coast to coast.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2019, 12:39 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
Polished off my requalifying (just mvp) with JFK-SFO a few days ago. Got rewarded for the play with a jump into first and I'm pretty sure the miles are already in my account.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 11:57 am

This has been beyond valuable for me this year. Has Alaska ever run a promo like this in the past? What kind of promos can we expect for 2020?
Old Dec 24, 2019, 7:32 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold; Hilton Diamond; National C ar Executive Elite
I don’t do a lot of TCONs

But I ended up doing a SFO-JFK trio two weeks ago. Thanks to FT, I literally signed up for the
promo while in route to the airport. Bonus miles showed up pretty much immediately after flight completed.
jjmadison likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: Various
Seems like since this promo started, mileage requirements for F awards on AS have been “priced” high. I’ve often seen 40-70 k one-way AS flights, and then a few of what I call lAAme AA F awards for the same day. (lAAme AA F= 2 connections to get to destination, or flights after 8:01 PM with min catering + next day connection.

I’m hoping the 2X promo stops. Also wondering what will happen with AA award partnership changes.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 3:16 pm

Programs: The local deli gives me 1 free sandwich after I buy 10
I am new to Alaska Air since I gave up on UA. Signed up for promo for a trip in January and then realized it ends 12/31.
Oh well. thanks op!
Old Dec 25, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold; Hilton Diamond; National C ar Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Robt760
Seems like since this promo started, mileage requirements for F awards on AS have been “priced” high. I’ve often seen 40-70 k one-way AS flights, and then a few of what I call lAAme AA F awards for the same day. (lAAme AA F= 2 connections to get to destination, or flights after 8:01 PM with min catering + next day connection.

I’m hoping the 2X promo stops. Also wondering what will happen with AA award partnership changes.
Totally - I burned 70k miles for
an F award one way so my wife could join me last
minute on a transcon...I had gotten a U upgrade on my single itinerary. Great to have the wife with me, but dang 70K was a lot for the F experience on AS (IMHO)...I’ve spent less miles for a little better experience on AA.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 7:11 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
I don't really see the correlation between the double miles promo and reduced A class inventory. The 70k D class transcon awards aren't going anywhere regardless of the promo.
davistev likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.