Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Earn double miles flying nonstop coast to coast.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn double miles flying nonstop coast to coast.

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2019, 10:10 pm

I wish they had added ORD in the promo as well? Maybe they have enough ORD traffic from SFO/LAX?
Old May 25, 2019, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hey, I wish it was double miles everywhere but ORD is not east cost.
Old May 25, 2019, 11:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by alaskaforlife
I wish they had added ORD in the promo as well? Maybe they have enough ORD traffic from SFO/LAX?
Why not DAL, STL, MSY and BNA, while you're at it?
Old May 25, 2019, 11:16 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Why not DAL, STL, MSY and BNA, while you're at it?
Don't forget LAX-ANC, ANC is only 175 miles closer to LAX than JFK is.

James
beckoa and RAD_PDX like this.
Old May 25, 2019, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If we are going by distance, get those hawaii flights in there too
Old May 26, 2019, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
If we are going by distance, get those hawaii flights in there too
All the Hawaiian Islands are closer to LAX than SJO is if you want to include International too. And that would be almost a coast2coast too.

James
Old Jun 25, 2019, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not sure how much of this is due to this promo (as well as the shortcut to elite status) but my MVP friend on the 7:15am EWR-SFO flight is currently 7th (last) on the upgrade list (plus possibly more to check in), and the flight is F3.

That seems like a lot of elites for a 7:15am Wednesday flight between a total non-hub and a "focus city" with questionable focus...

Last edited by VegasGambler; Jun 25, 2019 at 7:36 pm
Old Jun 25, 2019, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I'm not sure how much of this is due to this promo (as well as the shortcut to elite status) but my MVP friend on the 7:15am EWR-SFO flight is currently 7th (last) on the upgrade list (plus possibly more to check in), and the flight is F3.

That seems like a lot of elites for a 7:15am Wednesday flight between a total non-hub and a "focus city" with questionable focus...
On the Monday morning June 24th SEA-JFK flight there were 52 Elites on the upgrade list. Not all MVP or MVPG were flying in Premium that day. Many need to get back to the West Coast! 7 Elites on EWR-SFO seems about right.

James
be_rettSEA likes this.

Last edited by Flying for Fun; Jun 26, 2019 at 8:09 pm
Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:18 pm

Thanks. Great deal! I just registered.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
On the Monday morning June 24th SEA-LAX flight there were 52 Elites on the upgrade list. Not all MVP or MVPG were flying in Premium that day. Many need to get back to the West Coast! 7 Elites on EWR-SFO seems about right.

James
Almost certainly much more than 7 (out of the 13 F spots that were spoken for, probably most were elite)

The JFK-SFO flight leaving 30 min earlier was F5 with 2 on the waitlist when I checked (I was checking because there was talk of EWR-SFO being oversold -- I was suggesting that my friend try to get moved to JFK-SFO for the almost-garanteed upgrade)

That's quite the discrepancy. Especially considering that EWR-SFO is hub-hub for UA.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
On the Monday morning June 24th SEA-LAX flight there were 52 Elites on the upgrade list. Not all MVP or MVPG were flying in Premium that day. Many need to get back to the West Coast!
huh? SEA-LAX isn’t “back to” the West Coast; it’s ON the west coast
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767

huh? SEA-LAX isn’t “back to” the West Coast; it’s ON the west coast
No, LAX is on the East side of the Pacific ocean.... lol I meant SEA-JFK. Thanks for pointing out my error, I will update.

James
Old Oct 28, 2019, 4:56 pm

Points not showing up??!

Anyone having issues getting the points? I registered then completed 3 coast to coast flights (yes, the correct departing and arriving locations) but never got the points. I call AS and they said I never registered! I am sure I registered and when I went back to the registration page my browser remembered and had filled in all my info. I re-registered and got to a screen saying my registration was successful, but did not receive an email. I waited and registered again that same day and once again got a page saying successful registration but no email confirmation.

Anyone else having issues?
Old Oct 28, 2019, 6:49 pm

Programs: AS MVPG (R.I.P 75K), DL, HH Gold
Don't forget LAX-ANC, ANC is only 175 miles closer to LAX than JFK is.

James
Double miles? Unlikely. That route doesn’t even offer hot soup w/ sandwich or a blanket on red-eyes. We’re used to the cold, right?
Old Oct 29, 2019, 12:53 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by bon mot
Double miles? Unlikely. That route doesn’t even offer hot soup w/ sandwich or a blanket on red-eyes. We’re used to the cold, right?
I’m on LAXANC all the time. It has the soup/sandwiches. Even ANCSEA redyes have them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.