Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New tablets in F (2019)?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2019, 8:15 pm

Original Poster

New tablets in F (2019)?

Two of our four segments had new tablets in F. Larger, blue border on the holder, generally nicer than the smaller ones.

FA on the first segment told me they are on some flights only in F.

I guess it's hit or miss for now.

-David
Old Mar 28, 2019, 10:01 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Sounds like you have the metal ones that they introduced, and then quickly removed from service. I've seen them trickling back in a mixed environment over the last 6 weeks.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 10:30 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
They're advertised as being available in these markets, along with the quilted blanket:

*Flights that offer our expanded service include all flights to/from Hawaii, and flights to/from Boston, Baltimore, Washington D.C., New York, Philadelphia, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, and Tampa.

Last edited by NoLaGent; Mar 28, 2019 at 10:34 pm Reason: *added photo of tablet
Old Mar 28, 2019, 11:13 pm

They were never removed from service, they're just very hit or miss. They seem to appear and disappear with no particular rhyme or reason. They are supposed to be on the Premium Long Haul routes, but are not always boarded. They've been around for a while now - months, if not over a year.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
They were never removed from service, they're just very hit or miss. They seem to appear and disappear with no particular rhyme or reason. They are supposed to be on the Premium Long Haul routes, but are not always boarded. They've been around for a while now - months, if not over a year.
I had commented to the FA when I saw them regularly and she told me that AS had yanked them from service as the kickstands kept getting snapped off. She said they fixed the kickstand issues and thats why they were coming back in service. Who knows though.
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Not on flight from SEA to JFK recently. Apparently hit or miss. I typically have my own devices anyways
Old Mar 29, 2019, 5:37 pm

Original Poster

Got it on SJC-JFK and SFO-OGG, did not get it on JFK-SFO and OGG-SJC.

It seems to be hit or miss. I've never seen them before.

-David
Old Mar 29, 2019, 8:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Agree they are irregular.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.