Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MyTrips "Beta"

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2019, 6:17 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by jrl767
from my last two visits to the full website in the past couple hours, it appears that the "new" beta version is now the default ... and it looks like AS web design accepted absolutely none of the comments enumerated upthread here

that said, there **IS** a link to the old version
Same here.

Old Aug 20, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
The "table" list view is definitely a big improvement over the default VX inspired card look. I also prefer it to the current table view with its dated even/odd row styling and strong borders. I don't think they really gain anything with the card view honestly - just makes it tougher to quickly digest the information and the swipe sideways isn't any improvement over scrolling as far as I'm concerned. I am somewhat amused by how some of the trips say they are for "You" and some of them actually refer to me by name...
Old Aug 20, 2019, 4:02 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
AS is likely running an AB Test on the page - which is why sometimes you'll be forced to the new version, sometimes the old version, seemingly at random.
We use these types of tests a lot on the eCommerce application I work on.

The most basic way to setup an AB Test is to set it truly random to 50% of traffic on A, 50% on B and see which page "performs" better with users; monitor things like page abandonment, back button usage, forcing the old (or new) version manually, time on page, click through, etc.

So - if you get the new look and you click the link to the old look, or you get frustrated and go back or close your window... if AS has even a halfway decent web analytics team they're seeing that and taking the behavior into account as to how well the new page is being accepted. Filling out feedback forms is one thing, but speaking with actions is another.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 4:11 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
I was looking at my trips this morning and much to my surprise I saw that I was due to fly home today. (ummm..I am home!) At first I thought that since it was the beta version somehow my SEA PSC am PSC SEA pm flight yesterday became SEA PSC on Monday and the return on Tuesday. So I clicked on the details and I saw that today's flight was for later this afternoon but it was flying from ATL to SEA. After a bit of a freak out thinking I had forgotten a job I looked closer and noted that the trip was for SOMEONE NOT ME! Yikes, scary thought that I could go into his trip and cancel it or other nefarious deeds which would cause quite the mess when the poor guy tried to check in! I called in and found out that evidently there is a known issue arising from reusing confirmation codes that can cause things like this. I called in because I could see his full name and MP number as well as the flight details and I was concerned about that. So, Mr D.P. 75K if. you read this know I did not touch a thing and hopefully you are in the air now in FC enjoying your flight to SEA

Last edited by ctporter; Aug 20, 2019 at 4:12 pm Reason: fix typo
Old Aug 20, 2019, 5:29 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Wow - that is a pretty big data leak and a violation of customer trust.... hopefully they are taking it very seriously.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by nearlysober
AS is likely running an AB Test on the page - which is why sometimes you'll be forced to the new version, sometimes the old version, seemingly at random.
We use these types of tests a lot on the eCommerce application I work on.

The most basic way to setup an AB Test is to set it truly random to 50% of traffic on A, 50% on B and see which page "performs" better with users; monitor things like page abandonment, back button usage, forcing the old (or new) version manually, time on page, click through, etc.

So - if you get the new look and you click the link to the old look, or you get frustrated and go back or close your window... if AS has even a halfway decent web analytics team they're seeing that and taking the behavior into account as to how well the new page is being accepted. Filling out feedback forms is one thing, but speaking with actions is another.
ok, I need to teach my cat how to do that when she randomly steps on the keyboard ... need to cook the data
Old Aug 21, 2019, 5:29 pm

Programs: AS MVPG MR Platinum Prem
Originally Posted by ctporter
I was looking at my trips this morning and much to my surprise I saw that I was due to fly home today. (ummm..I am home!) At first I thought that since it was the beta version somehow my SEA PSC am PSC SEA pm flight yesterday became SEA PSC on Monday and the return on Tuesday. So I clicked on the details and I saw that today's flight was for later this afternoon but it was flying from ATL to SEA. After a bit of a freak out thinking I had forgotten a job I looked closer and noted that the trip was for SOMEONE NOT ME! Yikes, scary thought that I could go into his trip and cancel it or other nefarious deeds which would cause quite the mess when the poor guy tried to check in! I called in and found out that evidently there is a known issue arising from reusing confirmation codes that can cause things like this. I called in because I could see his full name and MP number as well as the flight details and I was concerned about that. So, Mr D.P. 75K if. you read this know I did not touch a thing and hopefully you are in the air now in FC enjoying your flight to SEA
We just had two similar incidents like this... I can see (and make changes to) someone else's itinerary coming up in about a week, including their contact information, and my wife was getting emails/notifications about check-in being available and her flight boarding for someone else's trip (but with city pairs we have booked in a few months).

This is extremely dangerous and irresponsible on their part, even by their standards (I'm a software professional in the Seattle area with knowledge about some of their IT internals). Even worse if this is a "known issue". I'd suggest for everyone's sake checking your trips and if you see anything complain loudly, not just as feedback on the beta to the web team but to the data privacy office so this pile of garbage goes back to the dev/test environment it (should have but probably didn't) come from.
ctporter likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 5:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I got the beta version of my trips and saw the option of pre-ordering meals (via a mobile pop-out). I think this is new.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 8:01 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
I got the beta version of my trips and saw the option of pre-ordering meals (via a mobile pop-out). I think this is new.
I got that too. For a flight that offers the snack basket.

It errored out, of course. GO AS IT!
Old Aug 21, 2019, 8:21 pm

Just saw the beta my trips on the website. My main observation is that when you have a round trip booked, ex: SEA-JFK-SEA, the my trips descriptions says SEA<->SEA because that’s my starting and end point for the trip. While that makes sense in theory, when all of your trips start and end at a given airport, it makes it difficult to differentiate them. I currently have about a dozen round trips already booked, so it wasn’t as intuitive as it should be. A more logical description would be SEA-> JFK->SEA.
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 10:15 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Most of my trips are SEA - XXX - SEA, and show up as SEA XXX, but I do have one trip that is SEA PHX PAE so it shows as Seattle Multiple Cities. On my app I can change the names which makes more sense to me as I often will have several SEA XXX but each one is for a different function. I noticed this evening that both the normal view and the beta view say My Trips upcoming and Past. I really like that! but the feedback feature seems to have disappeared from my views.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Don't know about you, but my list of "Past Trips" is less than half complete/accurate...
Old Aug 22, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Bonvoy Titanium, NEXUS
I am now on the new list... a couple oddities.

Like others, in a list of 16 trips, I have one random one that says "SEA-Multiple Cities" instead of the true city pairs. I've checked it 3 times thinking I somehow booked a return to PAE or something. Nope.

In the "Travelers" column, most of them say "You" but one of them has just my first name, and one of them has first name middle name.

So far no extra flights, thank goodness.

At least they normalized me to a better list view, instead of the overly large version I was seeing earlier. I think it will be OK in the end, but the mistakes are troubling.

Edit: Oh, and the "Past" flights is missing dozens of flights. It appears to only populate flights booked on the website, which for me is about 5% of the what I actually fly.

Last edited by brownnet; Aug 22, 2019 at 10:53 am Reason: more info
Old Aug 22, 2019, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Past trips list shows 4 flights in the last 24 months. I don't think so....

And how is this mileage accrual even possible?

Here I am wishing they would've fixed existing issues or introduced new functionality... instead they've taken away information and they've introduced more new bugs..
Tracer_SEA likes this.

Last edited by bmvaughn; Aug 22, 2019 at 1:15 pm
Old Aug 22, 2019, 4:32 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Past trips list shows 4 flights in the last 24 months. I don't think so....

And how is this mileage accrual even possible?

Here I am wishing they would've fixed existing issues or introduced new functionality... instead they've taken away information and they've introduced more new bugs..
Is Juneau moving during your time there? Apparently the return is 4 miles shorter than the outbound? lol

James
bmvaughn and RAD_PDX like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.