Search

AS Flights Near the Destin, FL Area

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2019, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 7K, MARRIOTT PLAT PREMIER WITH AMBASSADOR
AS Flights Near the Destin, FL Area

Help!

I own some rental condos in destin Florida and we’ve got a massive bed bug issue. I’ve got to fly there to replace all the furniture and trying to be loyal to Alaska. The Pensacola airport is the biggest airport within two hours that and Mobile Alabama. I’m searching but having a hard time finding any Alaska flights to anywhere other than Orlando which is a 6 hour plus drive. I could do Atlanta but that’s also about 6 hours drive. Anyone have any ideas of airports that Alaska flys in to or at least code shares with American that will get me closer to the pan handle? Thank you for your help on this as always damn I hate bed bugs and hate 6 hour drives so help is much appreciated!
Old Mar 23, 2019, 8:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
The closest Alaska city would be New Orleans, a four hour drive.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by StephanP37
trying to be loyal to Alaska.
It's just not worth it here. One can find cheap ($338) 2-segment itins SEA-PNS on AA/DL/UA.
jinglish and milypan like this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 10:59 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I agree. You can get into Fort Walton cheaply on UA or AA for much easier than suffering a 4 hr drive.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 11:12 am

You could just do the flight to MCO and then catch a 3M (Silver Airways) flight up to Destin

EDIT: This route starts in May
Old Mar 24, 2019, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
You could just do the flight to MCO and then catch a 3M (Silver Airways) flight up to Destin

EDIT: This route starts in May
I think Silver is flying from Tampa to Pensacola and Tallahassee.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff

I think Silver is flying from Tampa to Pensacola and Tallahassee.
Starting May 16th
Old Mar 24, 2019, 11:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I don't think the OP's bedbugs can wait until May 16th. He/she seems to be a responsible landlord/owner.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Starting May 16th
that’s Orlando...I said Tampa, and I assume the OP isn’t go8ng to wait until mid May to deal with this issue. I flew Tampa-Tallahassee last year as part of a UA ticket. This year we opted to fly AS to TPA and then drive.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff

that’s Orlando...I said Tampa, and I assume the OP isn’t go8ng to wait until mid May to deal with this issue. I flew Tampa-Tallahassee last year as part of a UA ticket. This year we opted to fly AS to TPA and then drive.
Sorry, not sure what Tampa has to do with anything... I was trying to suggest flying into MCO and then onto Destin. I didn't realize when I made the initial post that the route didn't start until May
Old Mar 24, 2019, 4:14 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
As someone who lives under the flight path to VPS I can verify that New Orleans is the closest Alaska option at about a four hour drive and that getting a Silver flight to align when they go online might take just as long

Is there a AA ticket with a final DFW-VPS leg available? Even if you don’t get miles for that hop, it’s probably the closest you’ll get to original parameters
Old Mar 24, 2019, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Loyalty to a large corporation (that is primarily motivated by profit) is probably not worth a lot of extra cash from your wallet (like an expensive AA codeshare) or a four to six hour drive. I’d probably pick the most cost and time effective flights.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry, not sure what Tampa has to do with anything... I was trying to suggest flying into MCO and then onto Destin. I didn't realize when I made the initial post that the route didn't start until May
MCO is, per you, not an option because Silver isn’t flying the last leg yet. AS flies into TPA as well, and the OP could pick up a Silver flight from there. Not quite to Destin, but “close enough” (Pensacola, Tallahassee). That’s why I suggested that.

I personally would probably drive rather than pay for the Silver flight and risk misconnecting.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
And Tallahassee is a good 2+ hour drive from Destin (and can be significantly much more If you get behind a traffic accident since it can be a long way between interstate exits that may not lead to good alternate routes) so IMO that option isn’t making much sense unless you have a screaming interest in viewing hurricane damage along I-10
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by StephanP37
Help!

I own some rental condos in destin Florida and we’ve got a massive bed bug issue. I’ve got to fly there to replace all the furniture and trying to be loyal to Alaska. The Pensacola airport is the biggest airport within two hours that and Mobile Alabama. I’m searching but having a hard time finding any Alaska flights to anywhere other than Orlando which is a 6 hour plus drive. I could do Atlanta but that’s also about 6 hours drive. Anyone have any ideas of airports that Alaska flys in to or at least code shares with American that will get me closer to the pan handle? Thank you for your help on this as always damn I hate bed bugs and hate 6 hour drives so help is much appreciated!
As mentioned already, buy the convenient ticket to VPS on AA or DL. Don't screw around with separate tickets via Dallas or Atlanta at this time of year, flights to NW FLA are going to be packed to the gills with spring break and if something goes wrong, you'll be screwed.
jinglish likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.