Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Flights Near the Destin, FL Area

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
As mentioned already, buy the convenient ticket to VPS on AA or DL. Don't screw around with separate tickets via Dallas or Atlanta at this time of year, flights to NW FLA are going to be packed to the gills with spring break and if something goes wrong, you'll be screwed.
Vacation travel down here tends to be weekend to weekend so Friday through Sunday are pretty packed a good amount of the year, but Tuesday & Wednesday tend to not be too bad. There were even a few empty C+ seats on my VPS-ATL/ATL-VPS flights earlier this month for Tuesday/Wednesday travel and since I think Delta still has a lot of government contracts out of VPS, it tends to be pretty elite-heavy under normal circumstances.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:07 pm

Programs: UA, HA, CO
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
It's just not worth it here. One can find cheap ($338) 2-segment itins SEA-PNS on AA/DL/UA.
Agreed with this. I moved from DC to the VPS area 6 months ago and have been primarily crediting to AA since I arrived. Unfortunately AS loyalty + maintaining MVPG status is not worth it in this part of the country, let alone having to drive to MSY (4hrs) or ATL (5hrs) just to catch as AS flight.

I still have ~250k AS redeemable miles, which I'll probably use for some int'l vacations.....which means positioning to another airport (ie. DFW, MCO, etc) unless I'm content flying AA overseas.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 9:27 pm

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Loyalty to a large corporation (that is primarily motivated by profit) is probably not worth a lot of extra cash from your wallet (like an expensive AA codeshare) or a four to six hour drive. I’d probably pick the most cost and time effective flights.
This. Even if you find in October that you’re just short of requalifying for the next elite tier, a budget of 4-6 hours each way and a lot of extra cash in your wallet can buy a nice mileage run.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.