Search

Mileage accrual with SQ Premium Economy

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2019, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k
Mileage accrual with SQ Premium Economy

Hi,

I just booked SQ Premium Economy (fare code R) for LAX-SIN. Alaska's website doesn't list fare code R as eligible for mileage accrual, but I just want to confirm if this is a mistake or not. It just seems odd that some lower economy fares are eligible but not premium economy R.

Thanks!
Old Mar 4, 2019, 3:16 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
See previous discussion here.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the link.
It's a shame I'd earn 0 miles for flying in R.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 4:25 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
I know other FTers have had success with getting AS to adjust earning charts (and thus getting credit) when the allowed flight number ranges haven't been updated, which happens more often, so you may have some luck if you get in touch with them. But no guarantees.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:56 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
If you really want AS miles for the flight, you may want to contact SQ about up faring to S, T, or P fare classes. IIRC it was not very much more cost for those fare classes vs R.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by jinglish
I know other FTers have had success with getting AS to adjust earning charts (and thus getting credit) when the allowed flight number ranges haven't been updated, which happens more often, so you may have some luck if you get in touch with them. But no guarantees.
Considering it took over a year for AS to grant points on HU new fare classes, its likely a waste of time.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DrAlex
If you really want AS miles for the flight, you may want to contact SQ about up faring to S, T, or P fare classes. IIRC it was not very much more cost for those fare classes vs R.
I asked how much a P fare would cost and it's about $700 more, which is more than half of the R fare. Ill probably cancel the SQ ticket I got later tonight
Old Mar 4, 2019, 9:27 pm

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by moarmiles
I asked how much a P fare would cost and it's about $700 more, which is more than half of the R fare. Ill probably cancel the SQ ticket I got later tonight
What will you fly instead? CX via HKG?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by milypan

What will you fly instead? CX via HKG?
Yeah, CX has some decent PE fares to SIN
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:41 pm
Original Poster

I'll be damned! Alaska will now credit R class! I like to think the email I sent them helped in fixing this haha

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...apore-airlines
NYC Flyer, Jma12, milypan and 5 others like this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 12:01 am

Wow, good for you! I started that original thread and could not get them to do it, but you succeeded!
​​​​​​
Old Mar 12, 2019, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Very nice! Starting Sep 1 in case anyone rushes to book without following the link
Old Mar 12, 2019, 5:01 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K; UA 1K
Looks like it's back-dated to last year, unless it's sloppy typing? So perhaps it's more, "Quick, find those old boarding passes!"

"Singapore Airlines flights flown in R class of service on or after September 1, 2018 are eligible for accrual."
Old Mar 12, 2019, 8:12 am

If I had known this would happen, I would have saved so much $$ by not up-faring to P class for my last EWR-SIN roundtrip

SQ doesn't just have R fares...it also has the super-cheap "two-to-go" R fares when you buy two tickets. When I checked last SIN-EWR in PE was $1500, but two tickets were only $2000 and also booked into R. If you need to go to Singapore and somewhere beyond, that is an amazing deal for AS EQMs and RDMs (esp. if you have status).
Old Mar 12, 2019, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by matkusopet
Looks like it's back-dated to last year, unless it's sloppy typing? So perhaps it's more, "Quick, find those old boarding passes!"

"Singapore Airlines flights flown in R class of service on or after September 1, 2018 are eligible for accrual."
Oh, I misread that!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.