Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Search for International Awards That Only Show All Premium Segments? (No)

Search for International Awards That Only Show All Premium Segments? (No)

Old Mar 4, 2019, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by estnet
Good point - I usually search to SE Asia and EVERY flight that has AA over the water that shows up as business or first has a 1 hour flight in F and all the rest in Y. That's why I gave up on AA - clearly it is different to Europe
It's a combination of AA cruel married segment logic and AS's laughable segment searching implementation. AA doesn't want nonstop pax to use saver awards and AS doesn't know how to look for anything else.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:42 pm

Programs: UA, AS
Originally Posted by audio-nut
IME, AS agents can't pull inventory any differently than the website. If they could, the website would also show it.

This limitation makes AS miles significantly less useful for trips on AA.
That would suck. They do have a manual/direct access system that could possibly handle married segments on AA but you would have to convince a supervisor to let them use it. I wonder if this is the same system they use for CX awards? Clearly CX availability is different on the website (none) from what the agents have access to.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:11 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by Bostonorr
Does anyone have an effective way to search for international flights using miles (with multiple legs) so that the search results on Alaska include only first class flights? Whenever I search, the short domestic connecting flight is first class but the international leg (the one I care about) is economy. Finding a first class international fare to book is like searching for a needle in a haystack.
This can be done in the KVS Tool by setting the cabin class [Filter] options when using the [Awards/AS-MultiAlliance] Method for either single-day searches or in conjunction with a 30-day [Power Search].
daninstl and RoamingGeek like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.