Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Elite Status (MVP/MVPG) After Four/Eight Transcon Segments (Targeted CA/East Coast)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite Status (MVP/MVPG) After Four/Eight Transcon Segments (Targeted CA/East Coast)

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2019, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Sure. Just want folks to know what the rules are. It would be be better to match after July anyway, since the status would stick for all of 2020 if you met the challenge. Also note that DL has an MQD requirement for the challenge as well, so buying a bunch of cheap DL transcons and flying them won't work unless you have the spend waiver (easiest form: DL AMEX and spend a bunch, enjoy your SkyPesos).
As much as I would love to get Delta PM, i think the spend requirement is like approx $1.75k. Thats a huge turn off for me. I've never had the Delta card coz come on, its worthless and 25k spend on it is just not possible unless someone already was chasing the status anyway from jan 2019.
Old May 23, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: SPG Gold
I already had three SJC-JFK roundtrip weekend trips planned between March and May when this challenge showed up, so I just had to add one more trip. Mileage activity from the last leg on 5/14 posted on 5/17 and MVPG status change showed up on 5/22. Noticed the GGUs are now available, but have to read up on how to use those since I have never been MVPG before. Maybe they can be used to get use to Hawaii in early 2020? As an added plus, I was able to see an extra six shows in NYC during my extra weekend.
Flying for Fun likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.