Does A Inventory Affect U Inventory?

Old Mar 2, 2019, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I couple of times I have seen U and A avail, bought the U, and then seen both the U and A immediately disappear.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by CDKing
I'm pretty sure A is still a subset of U though so U1 A1 = only 1 F seat available for award or upgrade. For all we know an additional U seat was released. I've never seen A1 U0
This used to be correct, but I've seen quite a bit of A1 or A2 with U0 recently.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 5:58 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by flytoeat
This used to be correct, but I've seen quite a bit of A1 or A2 with U0 recently.
I noticed this too, and it's the opposite of what I used to see (e.g., A0, U1).
Old Mar 2, 2019, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Thanks for all the replies so far! Greatly appreciated... This is truly a case of YMMV. LOL. But it looks like A and U from some recent reports are not conflicting with one another. Of course with F4 that's the scary piece... And my mileage may vary.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 1:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Just booked again some flights... A went away but U remained.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Update

Just wanted to update all the flight I was looking at went F2 D2 P0 I0 U1 A1. Then went F2 D2 P0 I0 U0 A0 within a couple of hours. (some data points too I suppose)

Points posted but too late by a few hours as Murphy's law goes. Decided to go a day earlier and was able to secure 2 U spaces.

I've learned a lot this week on AS from FT as I rarely fly AS and have learned some valuable things with points and upgrades pertaining to Mileage Plan.. If all goes well in J I will be leaning more towards AS and less towards UA...

Thank you all for your help.
PDXFlyBoy, be_rettSEA and williwaw like this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
To those who have been watching, does A tend to open up close to departure?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 9:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
To those who have been watching, does A tend to open up close to departure?
irregularly
williwaw likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.