Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Mobile App - Questions / Comments / Suggestions

Old Feb 28, 2019, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle

Just noticed that the app now allows you to add Mileage Plan, KTN, and Redress numbers by tapping on the passenger name when viewing an upcoming trip. Seems like there may be a few bugs to work out as only 1/5 upcoming trips show my KTN attached to the reservation, whereas the website has it attached to all.

Old Feb 28, 2019, 5:46 pm

Hopefully your mobile boarding pass has it all correct
Old Feb 28, 2019, 5:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, New Sagaya
The new app update doesn't show my number in the app but they are recorded when I view on the web. Maybe the app is just adding the ability to update as a functionality.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by williwaw
The new app update doesn't show my number in the app but they are recorded when I view on the web. Maybe the app is just adding the ability to update as a functionality.
Initially thought the same, but its pre-populated in one reservation and not the others. Assuming its just a bug theyll work out.
williwaw likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 5:45 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Hmm. I noticed yesterday when I checked in that I had to enter my known traveler number and passport information even though its in my profile and Im pretty sure I confirmed that it was in the reservation when I made it a few weeks ago. Then I got SSSS instead of precheck, which turned 5 minutes at SEA security to 30. I assumed it was just a random selection, but I wonder if the KTN wasnt in the reservation in advance and that increased my SSSS probability?
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:49 am

This is definitely not ok. If this is systemic, they need to know about it ASAP. I recommend using the contact us > app feedback to vocalize our frustrations, and also sending them a message on facebook to make sure things really get going to fix it.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 12:21 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
I just noticed this as well.

Another issue I've found (and this predates the current update): WHen I save BPs to my Apple Wallet, they do not show up on the Lock Screen within 4 hours of the flight. Pretty sure that AS used to work properly on this, And both AA and BA are currently working, so pretty sue it's not my phone setup.

Are others seeing this as well

Cheers.
tullera likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 1:27 pm

For boarding passes I take a screen shot and save it to my picture gallery. Then I don't have to worry about a weak wifi signal and/or my phone timing out just as I reach the gate or TSA.

Last edited by dougfoglesong; Mar 1, 2019 at 1:28 pm Reason: misspell
Old Mar 1, 2019, 1:34 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dougfoglesong
For boarding passes I take a screen shot and save it to my picture gallery. Then I don't have to worry about a weak wifi signal and/or my phone timing out just as I reach the gate or TSA.
Once it's in the Waller, no signal is necessary to get it back. But timeout is definitely still an issue.

Cheers.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 3:01 pm

Programs: DL PM, New Sagaya
I received an email back on the numbers not showing yet.

I talked to our developers, and since you already have the reservation on your app, we cache some of the data. Once the cache updates, your number should appear when you tap your name. You can also pull to refresh on the actual flight card to force the refresh.

Sorry for the confusion, when I add your reservations to my app, its pulling fresh data, so I saw your TSA number right away.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by brp
I just noticed this as well.

Another issue I've found (and this predates the current update): WHen I save BPs to my Apple Wallet, they do not show up on the Lock Screen within 4 hours of the flight. Pretty sure that AS used to work properly on this, And both AA and BA are currently working, so pretty sue it's not my phone setup.

Are others seeing this as well

Cheers.
Yes, I am absolutely seeing (and annoyed by) this issue and have for a few years across multiple major iOS updates, I think. I know it worked properly a few years ago. More recently, Wallet boarding passes show up on the lock screen when I add them but not when its actually close to flight time. I have complained to Alaska about this before; they very unhelpfully told me to talk to Apple. Though I *think* it actually worked yesterday (but I didnt really verify as I had a traveling companions mobile boarding pass on the phone but had to have paper for myself thanks to SSSS).
Old Mar 1, 2019, 5:35 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ashill

Yes, I am absolutely seeing (and annoyed by) this issue and have for a few years across multiple major iOS updates, I think. I know it worked properly a few years ago. More recently, Wallet boarding passes show up on the lock screen when I add them but not when its actually close to flight time. I have complained to Alaska about this before; they very unhelpfully told me to talk to Apple. Though I *think* it actually worked yesterday (but I didnt really verify as I had a traveling companions mobile boarding pass on the phone but had to have paper for myself thanks to SSSS).
I know it didn't work on Sunday for either of us, each with our own BPs. As to the "talk to Apple" comment, that s clearly not relevant as it works for other airlines (BA, AA recently, WN, DL a little while back).

Cheers.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 5:41 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Is the wallet on lock screen triggered by time, or by location services detecting that you're near the geolocation of the airport...?
Old Mar 1, 2019, 5:42 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
Is the wallet on lock screen triggered by time, or by location services detecting that you're near the geolocation of the airport...?
Time. Shows up 4 hours before the scheduled departure. Does this for the other airlines, and did this for AS (when it worked).

Cheers.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by williwaw
I received an email back on the numbers not showing yet.

I talked to our developers, and since you already have the reservation on your app, we cache some of the data. Once the cache updates, your number should appear when you tap your name. You can also pull to refresh on the actual flight card to force the refresh.

Sorry for the confusion, when I add your reservations to my app, its pulling fresh data, so I saw your TSA number right away.
I added my Known Traveler Number (which I had thought was already in the reservation) this morning through the iOS app. Checked back just, now, and it showed as blank both before and after a refresh. However, when I check the reservation on the web site in a desktop browser, it says "Known Traveler number has already been collected for this traveler." It also says
Secure Flight information has already been collected for this passenger.
We are unable to collect your international information online. To expedite check-in, you can call Reservations at 1-800-252-7522 (TTY/TDD: 1-800-682-2221) to add your information, or you can check in with a Customer Service Agent at the airport on the day of departure.
I think it used to be possible to edit international information once submitted, but maybe I misremember; I don't generally pay a lot of attention to these things when they work. This is for the return (to Canada) of an international trip with the outbound already flown.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.