Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Emergency Row vs Premium Economy preference?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emergency Row vs Premium Economy preference?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
PC for me, great leg room, closer to the front, and I don't have my view blocked by the wing.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan MVP
Originally Posted by emag_eh7
If you can pick an emergency row seat at booking, do you still add yourself to the premium class waitlist?
FWIW you can check the box, but you won't be moved to PC if you're in an exit row (question #4 in the FAQ here).

I'll pick the exit row (17 only) if it's available when I book. At 6'3" the leg room makes a big difference on mid and transcons even if it means giving up free drinks.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic; AS MVPG 75K; DL Plat
I'm a Row 16 fan. Don't care much about the alcohol (PC) or recline (Row 17), but like having less chance of being kicked by the passenger behind me.
Bellerina likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:57 am

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by mikexner
Are the 700’s still flying passengers? I haven’t been on one in a LONNNGGGGG time. And I fly mostly routes that it makes sense I would once in a while.
Yes, though three of the 14 were converted into freighters not too long ago. The remaining ones are undergoing cabin updates right now.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: United Premier Gold (Million Miler), Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Hilton Diamond Lifetime
In my experience, large people [not necessarily overweight, just generally broad shouldered (i.e. tall) people] tend to be seated in the exit row (either they convince the GA or self-select), and I've found that statistically I'm usually with seatmates in the normal range in Premium Economy. And I fly on Mondays, so there's never an empty middle seat.
williwaw and New Yorka like this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Flying out of OGG, most of my flights are long. I like the free beverages and the little snack (I know it's a pittance, but it's better than nothing). I'm also a pretty short person so the extra leg room isn't too much of a big deal.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 2:14 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Just got off my SEA-OAK flight where I had to sit in row 15 (I booked late). Was reminded again: farther forward in the plane takes priority over everything other than middle seat avoidance. 13 rows of people going sooooooooooo slooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. Ugh.

Neil
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:16 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Always row 17AF for me ^ ^ ^
Old Sep 21, 2019, 4:45 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
As a 75K member who chooses the exit row - I always get the complimentary beer. I believe that you do not have to be on premium economy to attain that perk. Or am I just lucky?
Old Sep 21, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by davistev
As a 75K member who chooses the exit row - I always get the complimentary beer. I believe that you do not have to be on premium economy to attain that perk. Or am I just lucky?
You can be anywhere in Economy and still get a free drink as a 75k.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 5:27 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by navydevildoc
You can be anywhere in Economy and still get a free drink as a 75k.
Even on a Saver fare.

James
Old Sep 21, 2019, 11:30 pm

Programs: AS - MVPG; DL - SM; Marriott, Hilton, SPG - Gold
I definitely prefer Premium to exit row, due to being faster off the plane. Other than that, its basically the same experience for me as MVPG. I often get chocolate and an alcoholic beverage when in Premium, which is nice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.