Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

WiFi remained operational on descent and on ground

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k

I have been on 3 flights last week up and down the west coast and the WiFi/ GoGo remained operational on the descent and whole taxiing on the ground.

Anyone know if this was a glitch by crew not turning it off or is it now allowed. I know from my days having to fly Southwest that the WiFi and live TV was available on the ground as well.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriot LTG
If you plane had a satellite connection I believe those are gate to gate connectivity
UAPremierExec and Eurynom0s like this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Originally Posted by richiezc
If you plane had a satellite connection I believe those are gate to gate connectivity
not sure what it was but I liked it!!!! However, no connectivity on takeoff or ascent until well above 10K feet.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:12 am
vgc

I flew JFK-SEA on Monday and when we were close to landing the FA said something along the lines of, "Please put away your laptops and other large electronics. If you're connected to the GoGo internet, you'll be disconnected shor..... oh wait, we just got the new and improved internet, so you'll have internet up to the gate"

Sounds like it's a new thing that FAs are still getting used to.
icelandman2 likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:57 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by vgc
I flew JFK-SEA on Monday and when we were close to landing the FA said something along the lines of, "Please put away your laptops and other large electronics. If you're connected to the GoGo internet, you'll be disconnected shor..... oh wait, we just got the new and improved internet, so you'll have internet up to the gate"

Sounds like it's a new thing that FAs are still getting used to.
I was on one of the new Wifi birds the other day when I flew MCO-PDX. It didn't work on the ground or on descent for me. It was marginally faster too. Still slow, especially compared to my Fiber connection at home and work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.