Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Operations at Paine Field (PAE) - Inaugural Flight 3/4/2019

Operations at Paine Field (PAE) - Inaugural Flight 3/4/2019

Old Mar 19, 2019, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Anyone do rental cars/shuttle to rental car offices yet?

David
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by DELee

David
Looks like Hertz and Enterprise have operations in (downtown) Everett. Wonder how long it will take for them to offer shuttles to PAE? Otherwise you may have to take Uber/Lyft to downtown Everett....
Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
Looks like Hertz and Enterprise have operations in (downtown) Everett. Wonder how long it will take for them to offer shuttles to PAE? Otherwise you may have to take Uber/Lyft to downtown Everett....
Well, Costco Travel quoted me rates with Alamo, Avis, Budget and Enterprise for this weekend - all with a shuttle:

I guess I'll find out on Friday morning how well the shuttle works for Enterprise and how drop off with a return run to PAE is effective on Sunday afternoon/evening...

David
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:35 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Well, Costco Travel quoted me rates with Alamo, Avis, Budget and Enterprise for this weekend - all with a shuttle:

I guess I'll find out on Friday morning how well the shuttle works for Enterprise and how drop off with a return run to PAE is effective on Sunday afternoon/evening...

David
I would definitely call that Enterprise office before flying and confirm they do in fact have a shuttle.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by missamo80
I would definitely call that Enterprise office before flying and confirm they do in fact have a shuttle.
Yup. Is plan.

David
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Enterprise is known to provide pick up service to home even. The issue is usually having them find someone to have the time to pick you up and bring you back promptly.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: MVP Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
My flights have been fairly empty, and cleared the Gold upgrade with an empty first class. Hopefully that's coincidental and the loads are healthy. I have enjoyed the airport.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 12:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k / AS Boardroom
Originally Posted by SimonT007
I've been 3 times and the 'so-called' economy lot has been full each time. I think $20 is too expensive for Snohomish County Airport, so I really don't like having to pay $30 because the cheaper lot is full. You can find parking at SeaTac that is much cheaper than that, even the Port of Seattle lot can usually be had for around $20 with the coupon. Also, the P4 lot seems like an after-thought and not well designed. But, aside from the parking rip off the terminal itself is wonderful, and very low stress compared to SeaTac.
If the cheaper lot is full, doesn't supply and demand mean that they aren't charging enough?
joeyE likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k / AS Boardroom
Originally Posted by Lake_Hood
My flights have been fairly empty, and cleared the Gold upgrade with an empty first class. Hopefully that's coincidental and the loads are healthy. I have enjoyed the airport.
I'd be a regular if they had a flight that went any direction but south.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by tbau
If the cheaper lot is full, doesn't supply and demand mean that they aren't charging enough?
there aren’t enough parking spaces at all price levels ... just wait until the UA flights start up
Old Mar 21, 2019, 2:50 pm
BA

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Delta Gold Medallion, Hilton Honors Gold
Enterprise/National/Alamo have a shared shuttle to a new joint lot they just built off highway 99.

Avis/Budget have a shared shuttle to their existing lot on they've had on highway 99 for years.

I saw both shuttles parked in front of the ground transportation building waiting to pick up passengers.

Hertz is the only major rental company that's left out at the moment. They have a very small location in downtown Everett, and it's probably not suitable for airport operations. I bet they'll be scouting for a location close to the airport soon.
missamo80 and DELee like this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 4:50 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by Lake_Hood
I'm currently on a 3:50PM PDX-PAE flight, and the flight is completely full -did not clear upgrade as a 75K (and I booked this flight a good 2 weeks in advance).
Not only is the flight full, it's actually OVERSOLD, and they they were looking for volunteers to take the next available flight to SEA/PAE 5 hours later, offering $350 in vouchers.
missamo80 and SimonT007 like this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:21 pm

Programs: AS 75K, Hyatt Globalist
I flew LAX-PAE and PAE-LAX last week: on the outbound, approximately 25% of the seats were occupied. On the return, the aircraft was at about 50% capacity. I also hope that with time, the routes will do better, as I enjoyed EVERYTHING about my travel experience in and out of PAE (and because I was born and raised in Everett, and always dreamt of the day that PAE would once again have robust commercial service).
dmodemd and SimonT007 like this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AS MVP

David
The Avis/Budget shuttle was waiting for us (two others and myself) as we exited the terminal on Tuesday afternoon and 5 minutes later we were at the Highway 99 rental office. The return to PAE was just as easy once I dropped off the rental yesterday at the rental office.

I was told by the shuttle driver that they were working on obtaining space at the terminal to actually have the vehicles onsite. Sounds good to me.
missamo80 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 10:18 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by tbau
I'd be a regular if they had a flight that went any direction but south.
same and someone else was paying my parking.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.