Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Operations at Paine Field (PAE) - Inaugural Flight 3/4/2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Operations at Paine Field (PAE) - Inaugural Flight 3/4/2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2019, 7:21 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan MVPG, HHonors Gold, Hyatt GP Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Spire
To get to the $20 “economy” P4 lot, turn right on 31st Ave W after you pass the terminal. If the sign says “Lot Full” as it did coming and going Saturday, you can drive in and look for a spot and exit for free if you’re under 10 minutes. There were spots available both when I arrived and when I returned, despite what the sign said. If you are there when it’s dark, you’ll need a flashlight to see where to slide your credit card at the exit, as it isn’t illuminated. There is no sidewalk on 31st Ave W, just orange pylons creating a pathway. Once you get to the main road, there is a sidewalk.

Agree that the inside of the terminal is fantastic, right down to the bathrooms. Outside still needs some finishing touches.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 9:13 am

There is now a marked pathway to P4 but it's temporary.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:21 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75k
I've been 3 times and the 'so-called' economy lot has been full each time. I think $20 is too expensive for Snohomish County Airport, so I really don't like having to pay $30 because the cheaper lot is full. You can find parking at SeaTac that is much cheaper than that, even the Port of Seattle lot can usually be had for around $20 with the coupon. Also, the P4 lot seems like an after-thought and not well designed. But, aside from the parking rip off the terminal itself is wonderful, and very low stress compared to SeaTac.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 12:06 am

Programs: asMVPG
PDB's in F on the SFO-PAE flight tonight!
Old Mar 16, 2019, 6:37 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by chefraekwon
PDB's in F on the SFO-PAE flight tonight!

Full-bar PDBs? Or the fake water/coffee ones?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:28 am

How is the rideshare situation at PAE? I am finally flying back through it
Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by VXforever
Full-bar PDBs? Or the fake water/coffee ones?
While I'm not the quoted poster, here, as I noted in the separate PDB thread, I've never flown F on QX and not had a PDB beyond the bottle of water.

On morning flights, it is coffee or OJ; on my LAX-PAE-LAX trip 10 days ago in the evening it was sparkling wine or orange juice.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:43 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by JPat

if we had given this some thought we could have banded together and just bought a nearby property to create our own flyer talk parking lot...

By the way if anyone sees a hotel shuttle in that area marked on the map please post the name of the hotel. If there are hotel shuttles actually serving the airport I'd love to know about them.
JPat likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:38 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Westcoaster

By the way if anyone sees a hotel shuttle in that area marked on the map please post the name of the hotel. If there are hotel shuttles actually serving the airport I'd love to know about them.
Staybridge Suites' website says they have Shuttle Express as their shuttle. Does not indicate if it's paid or complimentary.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 10:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by rustykettel

Staybridge Suites' website says they have Shuttle Express as their shuttle. Does not indicate if it's paid or complimentary.
Thanks. I called the hotel and they said they don't offer shuttle service to PAE at this time. I'll keep looking.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 5:40 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Thanks. I called the hotel and they said they don't offer shuttle service to PAE at this time. I'll keep looking.
Hmm.. I wonder if maybe someone put that under the wrong airports- shuttle service to SEA and no shuttle to PAE. Googling, it looks like Shuttle Express only serves SEA.
Westcoaster likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:56 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by octopuswithafez
How is the rideshare situation at PAE? I am finally flying back through it
It exists. Uber drivers must queue in a waiting lot that's 12 minutes away from the airport so plan accordingly and request your ride as the plane is parking at the gate. I don't believe Lyft has a queue (or at least one doesn't show in the app), so it may be trickier getting a Lyft.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:53 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Is it geo-fenced in the systems yet? I imagine the drivers may find some closer lurking spots?

Just as PAE opens I am now moving closer to SEA... oh well.
I am sure right when I move, my dream route will open up: PAE-DAL
Old Mar 19, 2019, 12:28 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by dmodemd
Is it geo-fenced in the systems yet? I imagine the drivers may find some closer lurking spots?
It was geofenced from day one. I tried to get a rider after returning on the inaugural flight and had to drive all the way over to the holding lot before I got a ping.

Neil
Old Mar 19, 2019, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you check if the nearby HGI (right next to Boeing) has them? That'd be my first guess.

That HGI is close enough that people have asked them whether they'll have park & fly rates, and IIRC they've said not at this time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.