Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Operations at Paine Field (PAE) - Inaugural Flight 3/4/2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Operations at Paine Field (PAE) - Inaugural Flight 3/4/2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:54 pm

I suppose free parking if staying at the hotel near the Boeing tour center, and assuming a shuttle bus from there to the passenger terminal...
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:44 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by damieniz1
any signs of offsite (discounted) parking options?
Not yet.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:47 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

For those thinking about using Uber a word of caution: Uber's driver waiting is full 10+ minutes from the airport. Drivers *must* queue over there to be eligible for pickups. Once they get a ride assigned it is at least 10-12 minutes to get to the curb of the terminal. It's terrible and drivers get paid $1 (yes $1) for that extra driving time to the pickup location.

If you plan on using Uber I suggest sending a note to both Uber and Propeller asking them to fix this.

(I'm not sure about Lyft, I didn't see a defined waiting zone in the app but also got no Lyft pings while I was online in the driver app. So who knows...)

Neil
Old Mar 5, 2019, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
inside the terminal lobby

heading to the TSA checkpoint ... this "welcome screen" segued into the AS PR video of a 739 in flight (iirc it's the first jet delivered with the new logo, which means the video was taken during a production acceptance flight out of BFI)

bar
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
N630QX at the gate

boarding

swag at the seats

water cannon salute on the taxiway

lensovet, pbelmore and Xrayman like this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: Alaska 100k
Looks like there will be some catering issues initially with the PAE flights. Last night on PHX-PAE we ran out of most beverages, cookies for F meals, trash bags, ice, some glassware, and a few other things. The FA said that the plane was quadruple-catered at PDX before operating PDX-PAE-PHX-PAE-PDX because catering isn't online at PAE yet. The crew was great despite the shortages - and the FA said that catering should be starting soon at PAE.

Also, I'm super disappointed there weren't any amenity kits on the PHX-PAE flight
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:18 pm

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
oh..

Originally Posted by missamo80
I'm here in a red jacket.
Then was it you I sat next to on the return? 7A/B
Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:30 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by jrl767

I really like the airport specific welcome mat. Does Alaska have these at other airports? If so, I’ve never noticed
Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sturges
Looks like there will be some catering issues initially with the PAE flights. Last night on PHX-PAE we ran out of most beverages, cookies for F meals, trash bags, ice, some glassware, and a few other things. The FA said that the plane was quadruple-catered at PDX before operating PDX-PAE-PHX-PAE-PDX because catering isn't online at PAE yet. The crew was great despite the shortages - and the FA said that catering should be starting soon at PAE.

Also, I'm super disappointed there weren't any amenity kits on the PHX-PAE flight
By the time they got to that last PAE-PDX flight of the day, I would be surprised if there were any beverages left to serve....does Y just get the cans of OJ like the PDX-SEA mainline flights? I realize the flight is probably 2 or 3 min. longer than SEA-PDX so maybe the express beverage service is a little better....
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:48 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 98103
Then was it you I sat next to on the return? 7A/B
Yessir! We both seemed pretty exhausted Hope the crossword puzzle worked out ok!
Old Mar 5, 2019, 9:28 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by sturges
The FA said that the plane was quadruple-catered at PDX before operating PDX-PAE-PHX-PAE-PDX because catering isn't online at PAE yet.
AS doesn't have a catering contract at PHX???
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: Alaska 100k
Originally Posted by northwesterner
AS doesn't have a catering contract at PHX???
According to the FA, they were only able to provide soda that day. I'm sure it was probably a new-service glitch that will be worked out soon. But it did seem to give the crew a bit of stress for that flight.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 8:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
I suppose free parking if staying at the hotel near the Boeing tour center, and assuming a shuttle bus from there to the passenger terminal...
I called that Hilton Garden Inn a while back to see if they were planning on offering Park-n-Fly packages with shuttle service to PAE and they said no at that time. If that changes (has changed?) it would be a great option, especially for early flights.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
What’s the WiFi situation at PAE gate areas and restaurants/ bars?
Old Mar 9, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k / AS Boardroom
Originally Posted by missamo80
For those thinking about using Uber a word of caution: Uber's driver waiting is full 10+ minutes from the airport. Drivers *must* queue over there to be eligible for pickups. Once they get a ride assigned it is at least 10-12 minutes to get to the curb of the terminal. It's terrible and drivers get paid $1 (yes $1) for that extra driving time to the pickup location.

If you plan on using Uber I suggest sending a note to both Uber and Propeller asking them to fix this.

(I'm not sure about Lyft, I didn't see a defined waiting zone in the app but also got no Lyft pings while I was online in the driver app. So who knows...)

Neil
Are there taxis on site?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.