FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Reservation not showing "premium class waitlisted" (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1956411-reservation-not-showing-premium-class-waitlisted.html)

ezak Feb 15, 2019 12:30 am

Reservation not showing "premium class waitlisted"

Just booked two flights today thanks to the BOGO transcon offer. One weird thing is that the second flight is only showing "first class waitlisted" but not "premium class waitlisted", is this normal? The first flight is same as usual. Both travelers on this reservation have MVP status. Should I be concerned that something's wrong with the upgrade waitlist? Thanks in advance!

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...b793184d0d.png

DaWhirledTraveller Feb 15, 2019 5:04 am

What are your seat assignments?

JFK-LAX, should have Premium, on the Airbus aircraft.

Is your status just MVP? and not Gold or 75K If you had selected a Premium Seat, then you won't be waitlisted, because you're already in one.

ezak Feb 15, 2019 5:12 am

Originally Posted by DaWhirledTraveller (Post 30781470)
What are your seat assignments? If you had selected a Premium Seat, then you won't be waitlisted, because you're already in one.

7E and 7F. This’s an Airbus so only first row in economy (row 6) and the two exit rows are premium. You mean maybe the system is mistaking row 7 for premium?

DaWhirledTraveller Feb 15, 2019 5:37 am

Originally Posted by ezak (Post 30781493)

7E and 7F. This’s an Airbus so only first row in economy (row 6) and the two exit rows are premium. You mean maybe the system is mistaking row 7 for premium?

I also used the offer yesterday. Since I'm MVP 75K, I was able to select Premium seats, on the flight that had them available. I only see the "First Class waitlisted" for that flight. Thought you might have also been 75K, to be able to select Premium, since you didn't buy the X fare.

Not sure why, it did not appear. I haven't had that happen to me, I would call in to reservations to confirm that you are on the waitlist.

ezak Feb 15, 2019 5:42 am

Originally Posted by DaWhirledTraveller (Post 30781553)
I also used the offer yesterday. Since I'm MVP 75K, I was able to select Premium seats, on the flight that had them available. I only see the "First Class waitlisted" for that flight. Thought you might have also been 75K, to be able to select Premium, since you didn't buy the X fare.

Not sure why, it did not appear. I haven't had that happen to me, I would call in to reservations to confirm that you are on the waitlist.

Thanks for the input. I’ll do exactly that, and maybe try moving back a few rows to see if it makes a difference.

jhurwitz Feb 15, 2019 8:56 am

I've stopped seeing "Premium Class waitlist" on most of my reservations, but that's fine with me. The automatic system for upgrading passengers to PC never seemed to work well for me, so I'd gotten in the habit of manually selecting a seat in PC when the "upgrade window" opens. Even if your reservation doesn't say "Premium Class waitlisted," your status still lets you select a PC seat for free (via the "change seats" flow) during this window.

notquiteaff Feb 15, 2019 9:14 am

Originally Posted by jhurwitz (Post 30782227)
I've stopped seeing "Premium Class waitlist" on most of my reservations, but that's fine with me. The automatic system for upgrading passengers to PC never seemed to work well for me, so I'd gotten in the habit of manually selecting a seat in PC when the "upgrade window" opens. Even if your reservation doesn't say "Premium Class waitlisted," your status still lets you select a PC seat for free (via the "change seats" flow) during this window.

Just the other day I changed flights to a later flight that same day. Aircraft changed from Q400 to E75. During checkin AS app wanted $15 per person for Premium Class seats. I went all the way to the payment screen before I cancelled and stuck with my regular seats. (I reported the same problem a few months ago in another thread).

Then later that day I went through checkin again on a hotel computer to print boarding passes. Not sure why, but I clicked he Upgrade button/link during the checkin process and was able to select F seats for free.

bottom line: lots of weird problems with upgrades/seat selection.

NYC Flyer Feb 17, 2019 6:10 am

Originally Posted by ezak (Post 30780964)
Just booked two flights today thanks to the BOGO transcon offer. One weird thing is that the second flight is only showing "first class waitlisted" but not "premium class waitlisted", is this normal? The first flight is same as usual. Both travelers on this reservation have MVP status. Should I be concerned that something's wrong with the upgrade waitlist? Thanks in advance!

I had the same concern with a number of upcoming transcon reservations, which show Premium waitlisted for 737 operated flights, but not Airbus flights. I called AS and was assured that Premium waitlist was correctly reflected in the PNR, despite web/app not showing the waitlist status. I was indeed upgraded to Premium at the appropriate window for the first (and only so far) of these flights.

akdancer Feb 18, 2019 11:09 am

Originally Posted by jhurwitz (Post 30782227)
I've stopped seeing "Premium Class waitlist" on most of my reservations, but that's fine with me. .... so I'd gotten in the habit of manually selecting a seat in PC when the "upgrade window" opens. Even if your reservation doesn't say "Premium Class waitlisted," your status still lets you select a PC seat for free (via the "change seats" flow) during this window.

+1 doing my own upgrade early on day when T-72 hits (can be earlier than T-72) has become my practice,

Tracer_SEA Feb 19, 2019 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by NYC Flyer (Post 30788517)
I called AS and was assured that Premium waitlist was correctly reflected in the PNR, despite web/app not showing the waitlist status.

Lol. Alaska's mobile apps were built before Premium Class existed, and in the intervening 4+ years they have still not bothered to update them to show you waitlisted or confirmed in Premium Class when you click on the traveler name.