Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

How to Track the Inbound AS Aircraft for My Flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR

This is possibly a very silly question. But how can you tell where an Alaska plane is coming from that’s not yet on the ground?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
FlightAware...Flightradar24...Flight View...Flight Stats. Take your pick.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Some carriers such as AA provide this information. However, it is not particularly useful and one should never rely on it. The information provided by AA, as well as the websites mentioned above is all accurate as of the time it is posted. But, changes happen. While it is unlikely that there will or could even be an aircraft sub for a flight from a distant outstation, that is not the case at a larger airport.

So, something which can be interesting to look at, but which often means nothing.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 1:48 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I send a DM to AS Twitter and have the answer in a few minutes.
williwaw likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 2:10 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
I find it useful to know where the incoming plan is.

For example, last week, I left the lounge and speed walked to the gate because the Alaska app showed the departure status was going to be "on time".

After I got to the gate, I could see that no plane was docked at the gate and, obviously, the boarding could not be on schedule. I checked flightaware and saw the incoming plane had not landed. It takes about 20 minutes to unload a plane? So I had at least 30 minutes to go. My flight ended up boarding about 45 minutes later than scheduled.

At least I got a brisk walk in.
DrAlex and jjmadison like this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 3:58 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k
I find FlightAware is the best option on mobile. You put in the AS flight number and then there is a link to where your plane is coming from.

Yes technically the plane could always change, but I find its 95% accurate at outstations (ie. all east coast airports).

https://flightaware.com/
Old Feb 10, 2019, 10:42 pm

You can view this information on your tour operator's website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.