Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Summer 2019 Schedule and Equipment Changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summer 2019 Schedule and Equipment Changes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2019, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by milypan
There have now been two 100% fatal hull losses of the MAX with only ~350 delivered to date. That’s a terrible safety record in modern aviation. In comparison, there have been zero equivalent accidents since 2017 (the MAX entry date) among the 6,000+ 737NGs or 8,000 A320neo/ceos in service. Yes, that difference is statistically significant.
Interesting use of statistics.
pbelmore likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 2:48 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
It looks like SAN-STL switches from a Horizon operated E175 to a mainline 737-900 August 27th - November 4th before going back to Horizon. I believe this is the first time a 737 has been on that route since its inception. The same appears true for SAN-MCI (Skywest). It seems a little late in the summer if it is to account for increased summer vacation travel and neither STL or MCO ever had VX service to SAN so it's not making up for that...

Anyway, it provides a small flicker of hope for the relaunch of the PDX-STL service.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:06 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
I think I will wait a couple weeks to see what the investigation is finding before I start changing reservations in July.
Barring the discovery of a true "smoking gun", don't expect any real, from the investigation information for at lease 6-9 months. I'm not convinced these two accidents were caused by a single point of failure, but that's an OMNI discussion. The final report probably won't come out for at least one year. If that's what you want, your timeline to decide won't align with their schedule. Anybody booking these flights should decide to do so based on their confidence Boeing and the FAA will produce a near-term response that gives you satisfaction.
Old May 13, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP LT PLT, AS 75K, B6 Mosaic, HH D, Hyatt Globalist
Looks like there were more schedule changes for the Summer. A few of my flights in Aug/Sep have schedule changes that showed today. They are about 15-20 mins from the original, flight number stayed the same in my case. AS sent me emails about the changes, and in each case I had to confirm them when reviewing the flights on the AS website.
Old May 13, 2019, 2:47 pm

My SAN-STL flights had a 2 hour change and went from a 737-900 to a Horizon E175.
Old May 13, 2019, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
My SAN-STL flights had a 2 hour change and went from a 737-900 to a Horizon E175.
Not saying you're wrong but I was not aware that SAN-STL was ever on a -900. It's been on an E175 for as long as I could remember. I knew they upgraded SAN-MSP/AUS/SMF/SJC to mainline, but I never heard that SAN-STL had been upgraded from a regional jet.
Old May 13, 2019, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by AS Flyer
Not saying you're wrong but I was not aware that SAN-STL was ever on a -900. It's been on an E175 for as long as I could remember. I knew they upgraded SAN-MSP/AUS/SMF/SJC to mainline, but I never heard that SAN-STL had been upgraded from a regional jet.
You are correct, it has never been operated by a -900. I was excited when I saw that earlier this year when I made the reservation. Alas, it was too good to be true - the aircraft and fare class both changed. The price has also come down though, so I was happy I could cancel and re-book.

Old May 14, 2019, 4:42 pm

You are correct, it has never been operated by a -900. I was excited when I saw that earlier this year when I made the reservation. Alas, it was too good to be true - the aircraft and fare class both changed. The price has also come down though, so I was happy I could cancel and re-book.

Hmmmm. Maybe it was a short seasonal thing? In any case, I hear the Embraers are really nice and they have most of the same amenities. Maybe this has to do with the Max not being able to come online as planned so they're having to shuffle things around a bit?
Old May 14, 2019, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by AS Flyer
Hmmmm. Maybe it was a short seasonal thing? In any case, I hear the Embraers are really nice and they have most of the same amenities. Maybe this has to do with the Max not being able to come online as planned so they're having to shuffle things around a bit?
I think the Max issue could be a possibility, as I would image this would be one of the harder routes to fill a -900 and would be quickly scrapped to move that plane elsewhere. Another interesting note is that the seat map only showed three rows, so something was going to change at some point.
Old May 14, 2019, 11:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E

I think the Max issue could be a possibility, as I would image this would be one of the harder routes to fill a -900 and would be quickly scrapped to move that plane elsewhere. Another interesting note is that the seat map only showed three rows, so something was going to change at some point.
Was looking at some routes in Nov IIRC, and they were all 3 rows.

Just took advantage of these changes- applied some GGUC's for ANC-PDX-SEA-MSY and return. Unfortunately there was no flight around 2:30 PM so I had to burn two GGUC's on MSY-SEA-PDX-ANC flights
Old May 15, 2019, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Got hit with a handful of these, mostly minor. I did have an OAK-HNL go from afternoon to morning. Normally that would be a good thing, but it didn't work for us this time. I had them rebook us on SFO-HNL to retain a similar timing to the original booking.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 9:08 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Just a heads up, it looks like QX has been doing some tweaking to their schedules this weekend. I received 4 mid-August changes going through SEA, resulting in mainline changes to maintain MCT.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
It looks like PDX-EWR has switched to a 738 with a loss of four F seats from the previous 739.

If you book tickets only ~2 weeks out, good luck finding an F seat on the route. Especially on a Monday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.