Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska credit ex-EU [BA] flight with missed last leg

Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire

I'm aware of and have combed through the many threads on Flyertalk regarding missing last ex-EU flights and the potential but unlikely consequences which may occur

However I have a simpler question. I have a ex-EU all BA metal (first class) flight coming up and I wanted to credit this to Alaska as I've already requalified for Silver (which is the only tier I really need) and Alaska has strong earning for BA first class.

I was wondering if anyone had tried this and what their success was. I heard that Alaska had some sort of policy of not crediting flights if you miss final legs. Is this true and if so would it apply even if it was BA metal?

Thanks all!
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Certainly on BA you would get tier points for all the flights flown ( but of course not for the flight not taken) and have not heard of anyone not getting any points at all for the flown legs if the last one is missed but as the question appears to relate to earning on Alaska's FFP this might be better asked on the Alaska airlines forum.

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Having done it in the past on BA, I know that it works for BA. As you say it's the partner earning where it's less clear what happens.

Having looked through the Alaska forums, it looks like Alaska does credit on it's own flights if you don't take the final flight. However, still haven't found anything about doing this on a partner flight.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
The ex-EU hidden city dodge common to BA is not a common practice for an airline that is oriented to USA-based customers (or ones that actually fly Alaska).

Don’t credit anyone, keep the boarding pass, mail it in to Alaska, ask for credit. If declined mail to BA. Report back here.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh, and back in the day I got AS credit for a DL flight where I legitimately didn’t fly the last leg (basically terminated travel in LAX for a family emergency instead of continuing to PHX). But that was some time ago, back when DL was a partner for AS.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Oh, and back in the day I got AS credit for a DL flight where I legitimately didnt fly the last leg (basically terminated travel in LAX for a family emergency instead of continuing to PHX). But that was some time ago, back when DL was a partner for AS.
yes i requested credit for a flight I didn't take since i had medical emergency. I offered to send documentation but they manually posted it
Then again it could have been a mistake on agents part. Just enjoy the gifts when you get them.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Decided to do as you suggested eponymous_coward. Will report back once I fly in a few weeks time!
Old May 2, 2019, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Just wanted to round this story off.

So it took a while for them to reply to my email asking for credit. I just sent in the outbound couple of boarding passes (technically just needed to send the first one but it was a stub so wanted to be safe).

Everything credited quite nicely! Managed to make it to MVP with this one trip which I'm very pleased about and earn myself >50k Alaska miles which is a very good return on spend.

So TLDR: it works!
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old May 2, 2019, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for reporting back, nice to know you had a good result.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.