Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Wiil my baggage fees be waived if I use my wife's BOA AS card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United, delta, AA, Alaskan, Frontier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt, Chase Sapphire

Plan on using points to fly to Portland OR. If I use my wife's Alaskan Airline credit card to pay the taxes will I get a free check in bag or does she need to be flying for me to get the free check in bag? Thanks
Old Feb 6, 2019, 3:16 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi.../visa-bag-free

• First checked bag free on Alaska flights for you and up to six other passengers on the same reservation.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 3:19 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
It's not a matter of paying with the card; the card is associated with the cardholder's Mileage Plan account. As with elite status benefits, that person has to be part of the reservation (with their Mileage Plan number attached) for the baggage benefit to apply.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 3:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
No. The language could not be more clear.

If you are the eligible primary Alaska Airlines Visa® cardholder on the account, have entered your Mileage Plan™ number into your reservation, and are traveling on Alaska Airlines, we will waive the first checked bag fee for you and up to 6 additional passengers on the same reservation. For reservations made with group booking codes or through the group desk, only eligible primary Alaska Airlines Visa® cardholders will receive the free checked bag. The cardholder must be traveling and the cardholder's Mileage Plan™ number must be in the reservation before checking in at alaskaair.com, the Alaska Airlines mobile apps, or at any of our Alaska Airlines airport kiosks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.