Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Priority Pass and Denied Entry at Alaska Lounges Because of Space - 2019 and Later

Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Alaska Lounges in ANC, LAX, PDX, and JFK accept Priority Pass (PP) on space-available (limited) basis.

Alaska Lounges in SEA no longer accept Priority Pass. (AS Lounges in SEA Leaving Priority Pass (9/1/2018)

2018 and earlier version of this thread.
Print Wikipost

Priority Pass and Denied Entry at Alaska Lounges Because of Space - 2019 and Later

Old Jul 5, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
At SEA, the winner of all of this is The Club. 105% capacity in an ageing lounge making good money.
dmodemd likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I never paid for my PP membership since I always got it for free by churning the AMEX Plat Ameriprise deal, but that has finally gone away (it was a good run I must admit....lol) and the nail in the coffin is the PP restaurant benefit going away next month which, for those of us like me based in PDX means good-bye Capers. With that said, I went ahead and got an Alaska Lounge membership since it included nearly all of the AA AC....it will be nice to not have to worry about whether or not "the sign" is out and I'll also appreciate not walking forever down to the Club at SEA.
symbols likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Flying in AS LAX-OGG in First in a couple of weeks. I will have the following:

A Citi Executive AAdvantage World Elite card
An AMEX Platinum Card/Priority Pass
An AS First Class BP

If the lounge is at what the lounge dragons consider capacity, is there a chance I’ll be denied?
Old Jul 5, 2019, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Oakshadow

An AS First Class BP

If the lounge is at what the lounge dragons consider capacity, is there a chance I’ll be denied?
As long as your first class AS ticket isn't in U class, you'll be allowed to use the Alaska Lounge at LAX regardless of capacity.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 5:10 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Oakshadow

An AS First Class BP
If it were me, I'd use the much nicer Admirals Club in T5 and then take the tunnel to T6 for my AS flight.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dayone
If it were me, I'd use the much nicer Admirals Club in T5 and then take the tunnel to T6 for my AS flight.
Great idea...totally agree.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
As long as your first class AS ticket isn't in U class, you'll be allowed to use the Alaska Lounge at LAX regardless of capacity.
Except for the Fire Code capacity. That is a hard cap, if they're keeping proper count.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Originally Posted by dayone
i would consider the AA T5 lounge, but it will be a morning flight and I have a thing for pancakes (even if they’re not great but for the novelty of it) and I’ll be with a group of people including a couple of children - all of which who don’t have status, PP, AA Elite cc or AS Club membership but all will also be in FC - and even if I could get them all into the AA lounge I doubt they’ll be into the idea of the long tunnel walk.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: AS
Today, lounge very busy. Summer travel in full swing. PP sign out and they think it will stay out all day. Lounge still under remodel/construction. Food offerings on side tables. Have to ask at bar for every drink. No self serve except drip coffee.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: AS Gold, AS Lounge, Enterprise Gold
which lounge? LAX I presume.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by markandsmoke
Winner of the FlyerTalk Most Entitled award goes to nas6034. But really that's not a compromise that's just wanting everything to go your way every time. Solution to your access problem is plenty; Lounge Membership, 1st Class non upgrade, Citi Prestige with Admirals Club membership or an Admirals Club memberships in general, partner 1st class, day passes and 75k day pass. Priority Pass is granted access behind all those. Also Alaska is just in it for the extra $, was there 6/11/19 from 6 to 8 and the sign was out until 7:30pm, closes at 8:00pm. Had alot of space but didn't let PP in.
Thanks but it's undeserving. If there were to be a compromise I think that it would be a fair middle ground. The other option is to remove AS access from PP. But you seem to indicate that Alaska is in it for the money. Yet you state on your recent visit the sign was out until pretty much closing even though there was space. So which is it? In it for Money? or something else? Your own comment seem incongruent.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 4:56 pm

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
ANC

Any luck with ANC PP? Planning to use it this Sunday.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:45 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by markandsmoke
which lounge? LAX I presume.
yes, LAX. Posted pics on Lounge Refresh thread with new furniture.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 1:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by dshafiee
Any luck with ANC PP? Planning to use it this Sunday.
There are a few scattered reports in this thread. It's summer, so rather busy. What time is your flight?
Old Jul 19, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
For ANC, have anyone tried using PP after 9pm on a weekday?

On the Priority Pass website, it says the access hours are:

05:00 - 21:00 Monday - Friday.
05:00 - 01:00 Saturday & Sunday.
Closed: Dec 25.

But on the official website, the hours are:

Daily:
5:00 am - 1:00 am

I have a flight that leaves at 12:30am.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.