Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Priority Pass and Denied Entry at Alaska Lounges Because of Space - 2019 and Later

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Alaska Lounges in ANC, LAX, PDX, and JFK accept Priority Pass (PP) on space-available (limited) basis.

Alaska Lounges in SEA no longer accept Priority Pass. (AS Lounges in SEA Leaving Priority Pass (9/1/2018)

2018 and earlier version of this thread.
Print Wikipost

Priority Pass and Denied Entry at Alaska Lounges Because of Space - 2019 and Later

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2019, 7:20 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by pcoll

has the remodel been completed.? They told me that they are closing at 8pm every night so work can be done overnight. This was the option over closing entirely for a period of time.
No, but they didn't clear the lounge at 8. Maybe workers are off for the memorial day weekend too.
Old May 26, 2019, 8:13 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K

has the remodel been completed.? They told me that they are closing at 8pm every night so work can be done overnight. This was the option over closing entirely for a period of time.
I was in the lounge this morning, one of the concierges said 2 weeks for the bar to be done, which then leaves the food area (unless thats not being touched)
Old May 26, 2019, 9:37 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
I was in the lounge this morning, one of the concierges said 2 weeks for the bar to be done, which then leaves the food area (unless thats not being touched)
The food area is being done next. One of the concierges I am friends with said That is the one they are dreading the most. It was easy to set up temp bar table.
Pancake machine can be moved and hopefully the coffee machine to temp location for use. They are not sure if they are going to be able to offer soup and salad (mid-day and evening)
It is all the big machines they have plugged in that will be an issue. The soft drink, mini fridge, Starbucks coffee machine etc will all be pulled out for remodel.
Old May 26, 2019, 9:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
The food area is being done next. One of the concierges I am friends with said That is the one they are dreading the most. It was easy to set up temp bar table.
Pancake machine can be moved and hopefully the coffee machine to temp location for use. They are not sure if they are going to be able to offer soup and salad (mid-day and evening)
It is all the big machines they have plugged in that will be an issue. The soft drink, mini fridge, Starbucks coffee machine etc will all be pulled out for remodel.
Sounds like quite the mess...

Please keep us posted. Hope to see the ANC lounge in a few days (pending sign placement).
Old May 26, 2019, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was at the JFK lounge a when it opened at 5am last Thursday. 1 couple waiting to get in due to paid F (on a BA ticket), one group of 3 who were PP, and me (paid F on a JL business class ticket). When I left the lounge to go board at 6:15 or so they were just putting the sign out; it was starting to get busy.

It was my first time in an AS lounge. I can see why people like it; it's more stylish, comfortable, and generally better than other club lounges I've been to. But, given the food offerings, I still prefer to use my PP for restaurants than this, or any other club lounge. Getting a hot meal and/or a quality (not well) drink is usually my main consideration (maybe, not at 5am though)

I think I'm just not a lounge kind of guy. I don't go to hotel lounges either despite having access due to my Hyatt status. (An F lounge with full table service meals is different, of course... I still miss getting to go to the VS lounge in SFO).

But, overall, I was impressed.... it's definitely ahead of the competition.
Old May 27, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I was at the JFK lounge a when it opened at 5am last Thursday. 1 couple waiting to get in due to paid F (on a BA ticket), one group of 3 who were PP, and me (paid F on a JL business class ticket). When I left the lounge to go board at 6:15 or so they were just putting the sign out; it was starting to get busy.

It was my first time in an AS lounge. I can see why people like it; it's more stylish, comfortable, and generally better than other club lounges I've been to. But, given the food offerings, I still prefer to use my PP for restaurants than this, or any other club lounge. Getting a hot meal and/or a quality (not well) drink is usually my main consideration (maybe, not at 5am though)

I think I'm just not a lounge kind of guy. I don't go to hotel lounges either despite having access due to my Hyatt status. (An F lounge with full table service meals is different, of course... I still miss getting to go to the VS lounge in SFO).

But, overall, I was impressed.... it's definitely ahead of the competition.
JFK is probably the best of their lounges. Seattle updates are catching up. But I think they developed the new concept at JFK.
Old May 27, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
LAX Memorial Day morning at 9:25, there’s a line downstairs for everyone, completely full in the lounge. PP don’t even think about it.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 10:25 pm

Denied on 6/1

I have PP through Amex Platinum card, was denied access to LAX Alaska lounge on 6/1 morning and was told that the lounge was at capacity, they let other non-PP holders in. Total BS. Was treated like second citizen. Lots of PP customers were denied and left frustrated by the elevator. I called Amex to complain, and they issued me a $50 credit.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 10:32 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MacGyver1213
I have PP through Amex Platinum card, was denied access to LAX Alaska lounge on 6/1 morning and was told that the lounge was at capacity, they let other non-PP holders in. Total BS. Was treated like second citizen. Lots of PP customers were denied and left frustrated by the elevator. I called Amex to complain, and they issued me a $50 credit.
The Alaska Lounge in LAX is under construction! Should they deny AL/AA Members access because PP wants in? Nice gesture on the part of Amex. PP doesn't guarantee access but you do have other options.

James
Old Jun 1, 2019, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
you are actually a second class citizen. if you want access, you should either fly Alaska in paid first class or buy alaska board room membership.
Daze, coffee18, PABE and 3 others like this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 10:54 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I can't believe AmEx gave you a credit. Take it and be happy.

Hopefully AS follows what they did in Seattle and removes PP access from all of their lounges.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 4:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Next time, I get denies I will call amex to complain too. Thanks for the great idea
Old Jun 2, 2019, 10:24 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
I can't believe AmEx gave you a credit. Take it and be happy.

Hopefully AS follows what they did in Seattle and removes PP access from all of their lounges.
That's now TWO purchased lounge visits if you have the AS Visa as well. Quite remarkable that they would be that generous...
Old Jun 2, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
...I called Amex to complain, and they issued me a $50 credit.
Welcome to FT...certainly an invigorating first post.

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
I can't believe AmEx gave you a credit.
Me too.

Originally Posted by DrAlex
That's now TWO purchased lounge visits if you have the AS Visa as well. Quite remarkable that they would be that generous...
Quite!
Originally Posted by pbd456
Next time, I get denies I will call amex to complain too...
Please report back...
Old Jun 4, 2019, 1:46 am

Programs: AS Gold, AS Lounge, Enterprise Gold
Next time i leave the lounge because it is over flowing and no where to sit, i will call Alaska and see if they issue we anything lol.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.