Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Priority Pass and Denied Entry at Alaska Lounges Because of Space - 2019 and Later

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Alaska Lounges in ANC, LAX, PDX, and JFK accept Priority Pass (PP) on space-available (limited) basis.

Alaska Lounges in SEA no longer accept Priority Pass. (AS Lounges in SEA Leaving Priority Pass (9/1/2018)

2018 and earlier version of this thread.
Print Wikipost

Priority Pass and Denied Entry at Alaska Lounges Because of Space - 2019 and Later

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2019, 2:14 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Getting back to the topic of this thread....
Moderator Note: Yes, let's not turn this thread into a discussion of Priority Pass benefits.

There is an Airport Lounges forum where further PP discussion is welcome.

dayone, AS Moderator
williwaw likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 4:33 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by dayone
It's no longer listed on the PP website.
Capers is showing on the app again (at least for me right now).
Old Apr 16, 2019, 8:42 pm

Programs: AS
Priority Pass has House Spirits , Capers and Alaska Lounge listed for PDX .
Concourse C
Old Apr 19, 2019, 1:08 am

Programs: AS Gold, AS Lounge, Enterprise Gold
Was at LAX 4/10/19 sign out 10am, looks like everyone with PP got in already cause the lounge was packed, bar was empty. Im a member but it was loud and uncomfortable so left after 20 minutes. They should remove Alaska lounge from there and add a restaurant in terminal 5,6 or 7.

Last edited by markandsmoke; Apr 21, 2019 at 4:53 pm
Old Apr 19, 2019, 6:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by markandsmoke
Was there 4/10/19 sign out 10am, looks like everyone with PP got in already cause the lounge was packed, bar was empty. Im a member but it was loud and uncomfortable so left after 20 minutes. They should remove Alaska lounge from there and add a restaurant in terminal 5,6 or 7. Not starting an argument but how would one feel if they were paying for something someone got for free? (annual fee doesn't count)
When stating you "was there" it can be helpful to others in the forum to actually define where "there" is.

Regards
Old Apr 19, 2019, 10:33 am

Programs: AS Gold, AS Lounge, Enterprise Gold
Originally Posted by scubadu
When stating you "was there" it can be helpful to others in the forum to actually define where "there" is.

Regards
LAX Sorry
Old Apr 19, 2019, 2:31 pm
formerly smoaky

Flying out of JFK Terminal 7 on BA. Only PP lounge is Alaska, but sounds like they basically never let in PP holders -- is that still the latest? Thought it would be nice to have a free glass of wine before my flight, but I'll survive. There are no other options in the terminal for PP, and I'm not inclined to terminal hop for that one drink...
Old Apr 19, 2019, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by smoaky
Flying out of JFK Terminal 7 on BA. Only PP lounge is Alaska, but sounds like they basically never let in PP holders -- is that still the latest? Thought it would be nice to have a free glass of wine before my flight, but I'll survive. There are no other options in the terminal for PP, and I'm not inclined to terminal hop for that one drink...
I think JFK has pretty much been closed to PP since they opened...although I've never tried to visit (yet--I'll be through there next month but have no hopes of getting admitted). I would avoid disappointment by not getting to JFK any earlier than you need to in order to board your flight on time. This is one Alaska Lounge that I can see being dropped from the PP program (like the SEA lounges)....the only problem is that there are other PP options in SEA, but none in terminal 7.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 3:50 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
I think JFK has pretty much been closed to PP since they opened
They do seem to accept PP at the start of the day, but quickly put out the sign as the lounge fills. Last time I was there on a redeye, a line of people was stacked up because the PP machine wasn't working.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rustykettel

They do seem to accept PP at the start of the day, but quickly put out the sign as the lounge fills. Last time I was there on a redeye, a line of people was stacked up because the PP machine wasn't working.
Interesting....I'm planning on being there around 6am or 6:30am.....is that the start of the day?
Old Apr 19, 2019, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
I've had the sign 5 out of 6 times I've tried to use the lounge at PDX. I'm still a United Club member so I usually just make the trek over there, but actually was let in @7am on the 10th! A weekday! I was shocked.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 9:59 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Interesting....I'm planning on being there around 6am or 6:30am.....is that the start of the day?
JFK AL opens at 5am. Good luck!

Originally Posted by rustykettel
JFK- entrance concierge glanced at the clock, said ‘it’s 5:30’ and wheeled the sign out this morning.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 3:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Hey @PDXPremier are you here? I got in at 5:32am, no sign of the sign and it is dead inside. If you show up say hi, I'm in a red jacket by the bar.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Sign was out at 7:45am on Saturday @pdx. Lounge is nice and quiet, maybe 30% capacity.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by missamo80
Hey @PDXPremier are you here? I got in at 5:32am, no sign of the sign and it is dead inside. If you show up say hi, I'm in a red jacket by the bar.
I assume you mean JFK and not the PDX lounge....I won't be there til next month....I'll be on the 7:20am flight back to PDX so I'd be stopping by around 6:15 or 6:30....
missamo80 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.