Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Priority Pass and Denied Entry at Alaska Lounges Because of Space - 2019 and Later

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Alaska Lounges in ANC, LAX, PDX, and JFK accept Priority Pass (PP) on space-available (limited) basis.

Alaska Lounges in SEA no longer accept Priority Pass. (AS Lounges in SEA Leaving Priority Pass (9/1/2018)

2018 and earlier version of this thread.
Print Wikipost

Priority Pass and Denied Entry at Alaska Lounges Because of Space - 2019 and Later

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2019, 2:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
2/9/19 PDX AL 6 AM-Noon sign out- denied entry. Not surprised with mx and wx delays. Hindsight I should have burned a pass due to rolling delays...
Old Feb 9, 2019, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa
2/8/19 ANC AL 11 PM denied entry
Wow, denied at 11pm? Yikes....that's sad
Old Feb 9, 2019, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by HIFlya
Sorry the previous thread was closed so I could do the conventional quote and type and I guess I am a little later to the party with this issue. I know that people before have said that the PP T&Cs say that there is a departing boarding pass requirement to use PP at Capers in PDX as @PDXPremier mentions in what I bolded. I am wondering if the T&Cs have changed since people have said that because when I look at the T&Cs now, it only says that a "same-day boarding pass is required." NOTHING says that it has to be an outgoing boarding pass. So if I was to show my boarding pass to PDX that was for that same day, I would be complying with the T&Cs. If @PDXPremier reads this thread please let me know if the PP T&Cs didn't change from when you linked it in April 2018, thanks!
I'm not sure if they've changed or not but some of the Caper's employees are still asking for boarding passes.....I don't even bother with it on arrival since we load up with quite a bit of free food on departures.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I'm not sure if they've changed or not but some of the Caper's employees are still asking for boarding passes.....I don't even bother with it on arrival since we load up with quite a bit of free food on departures.
Thanks for the update. I was there in September for a conference and I passed Market when arriving and like you, had loaded up on my layover at SFO already, so didn't really feel the need to check. When we departed PDX I know Market asked for boarding passes, forgot if Cafe did as well, but since I was departing, the issue never came up.

This trip is with my family and we are only inbound into PDX, since we will be driving up to SEA before heading home (one of the benefits of the Alaska Companion Fare over all the others) and so I can only take advantage on the way in. I cross my fingers that they stay true to the T&Cs and honor any same day boarding pass.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 10:45 pm

Programs: UA Plat
2/18/2019 4 PM JFK . Sign out saying no entry for Priority Pass. I mentioned that we were traveling in F on Alaska, and I was told that we could enter if we were on a full fare F ticket. Since we weren't on full fare F tickets, I gave up.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 10:56 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by car94102
2/18/2019 4 PM JFK . Sign out saying no entry for Priority Pass. I mentioned that we were traveling in F on Alaska, and I was told that we could enter if we were on a full fare F ticket. Since we weren't on full fare F tickets, I gave up.
I’m not sure the particulars of your tickets but first class award tickets and discounted first class (the latter booked in P) also qualify. It’s upgraded first (U class) that doesn’t.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 8:16 am

As far as Capers goes, D/E side currently does not ask for a boarding pass. A/B/C side does. Usually when I arrive back to PDX, its later at night and the locations are closed, so haven't had a chance to test this. But a good friend of mine who travels quite a bit mentioned recently to me that they stop by the A/B/C side after getting back to PDX and shows an arrival (same day) boarding pass, and has never had an issue with it being rejected at A/B/C.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 11:58 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by mbluecpa

I’m not sure the particulars of your tickets but first class award tickets and discounted first class (the latter booked in P) also qualify. It’s upgraded first (U class) that doesn’t.
It was U. Your feedback will be useful for future flights. Thanks.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: AS MVPG75; Bonvoy, National Exec, United Silver
I've had The Capers Cafe check my boarding pass on the A/B/C side and they didn't flinch when I showed an arriving boarding Pass. I'm sure this is because they don't want airport employees or others from getting a PP card and dining or shopping there daily
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by redtigeriii
As far as Capers goes, D/E side currently does not ask for a boarding pass. A/B/C side does. Usually when I arrive back to PDX, its later at night and the locations are closed, so haven't had a chance to test this. But a good friend of mine who travels quite a bit mentioned recently to me that they stop by the A/B/C side after getting back to PDX and shows an arrival (same day) boarding pass, and has never had an issue with it being rejected at A/B/C.
Thanks for the datapoint @RedTirgeriii and @PDX4MSU! OMAAT had an updated blog post about PP restaurants and mentioned in the comments that if the T&Cs say "same-day" then arrival boarding passes should be OK, and other comments seemed to give the same data points. I think we get in before they close on Saturday night so hopefully we can stock up on some stuff for a late dinner for the family before getting the shuttle to the hotel.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Admitted to ANC AL at 5:05 AM for a quick 15 minute visit. Pancake machine was on the fritz...
Old Feb 21, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Not at all surprising. I do the lap to ANC a couple times per year and many flights to the outside are unfortunately short red eyes. At least the ANC lounge is one of the best in the system!
Old Mar 23, 2019, 6:30 pm

Programs: Dust...
PDX 3/23 admitted with PP.
Lounge is half empty on a day where ALL AS flights are sold out (spring break). Construction is still underway. One of the nice upgrades is the coke freestyle machine for soda.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 6:42 pm

Programs: Dust...
PDX post renovation drink selection.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 9:46 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
ANC has a bunch of redeyes at that time and it tends to fill up until close to closing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.