Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Priority Pass and Denied Entry at Alaska Lounges Because of Space - 2019 and Later

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Alaska Lounges in ANC, LAX, PDX, and JFK accept Priority Pass (PP) on space-available (limited) basis.

Alaska Lounges in SEA no longer accept Priority Pass. (AS Lounges in SEA Leaving Priority Pass (9/1/2018)

2018 and earlier version of this thread.
Print Wikipost

Priority Pass and Denied Entry at Alaska Lounges Because of Space - 2019 and Later

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2020, 10:46 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BOB W
I flew FLL-LAX last night. The sign was out but there is the option on the sign now to scan a QR code and get on the wait list. I was #11 when I got the confirmation and it only took about 20 minutes to get in around 9 PM. The place was maybe 20% full.
I know they'll put the sign out in anticipation of flights coming up to make sure there's space for those people, but it kind of seems like it's just stubbornness at this point if the lounge was that empty.
​​​
BTW, did it say how long you had to get into the lounge once your number came up?
Old Mar 6, 2020, 2:32 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by Eurynom0s
I know they'll put the sign out in anticipation of flights coming up to make sure there's space for those people, but it kind of seems like it's just stubbornness at this point if the lounge was that empty.
​​​
BTW, did it say how long you had to get into the lounge once your number came up?
No, They did not set a time.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 4:49 pm

Programs: AS
So...has the sign still been out at LAX the past few weeks?
It was out last week. Mid day . We fly once a month, and the sign is always out.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 5:37 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
I signed up on the LAX waitlist at 6a with an AS departure of 3p. I got one text that I was added and noticed I was #6 in line. Then another text that the lounge couldn’t take me until 12p because of the 3 hours at the most before departure.

Within an hour, before 7a, I was #1 on list and expected to stay there until noon. BUT then I lost my place in line at 10a for no specified reason. No text, it was only because I happened to look at the waiting list. So it appears that you just get kicked off after 4 hours.

I inquired at the lounge desk. She couldn’t explain why I was off the list, but glad I had signed up again, starting at #30. It wasn’t an anomaly, because my wife had signed up at 6:30a, and she got kicked off at 10:30a.

At noon, I was #15/54. She let me in, because there was no way I could possibly have made up that story! And I’m glad she did because the LAX lounge has much to offer.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pcoll
It was out last week. Mid day . We fly once a month, and the sign is always out.
I fly out of LAX at least once a month, sometimes 2-3 times. The sign is always out.

I've started timing how long it takes to move up places in the queue. It's about 3.0+-0.3 minutes per place. I almost made it in last time, but got the text from the lounge that I was up about 5 minutes before boarding was supposed to start.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 10:30 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, 1MM
It is time for PP and/or Alaska to end this relationship...based on the posts here as other AS lounges close their doors to PP no one is happy; PP card holders or AS Lounge members. It seems like a half hearted attempt from Alaska...but as a Lounge member (and PP) I do like less crowds.
ctporter and navydevildoc like this.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 10:32 am

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Agreed... especially since LAX seems to be the major complaint, and it is a small lounge for the passenger load. So, you get PP people clogging up the check-in area, many times arguing with the agents. The finger scanners are banned at the moment so you can't bypass it.

Let's just cut ties. I can't imagine there is that much cash changing hands there.
ctporter likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 2:03 pm
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Current status @ LAX?

It's been almost three weeks since a member posted their experience @ LAX (and, a lot has happened since then) . . .

Any new reports?
Old Mar 25, 2020, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LRD
It's been almost three weeks since a member posted their experience @ LAX (and, a lot has happened since then) . . .

Any new reports?
I can't remember which thread it was, but I think someone recently reported that there was still a waiting list for PP at the LAX Lounge maybe about a week ago?
Old Mar 25, 2020, 3:49 pm

Not sure where to put it but this seems a good as any. JFK T7 lounge is closed as most AS flights will be out of T8. Only flights after 9pm will be out of T7. Also only credit or debit cards will be accepted at JFK, no cash.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I can't remember which thread it was, but I think someone recently reported that there was still a waiting list for PP at the LAX Lounge maybe about a week ago?
Maybe me this past Sunday night, probably posted over in the CC or Lounge forums. I was 4th on the waiting list and got the entry text from them about 15 minutes before boarding was supposed to start. If I'd shown up early for my flight (not high on my list of things to do right now), I'd have made it in with some time to spend there, but since it sounds like they're just doing bags of chips and cans of soda, it wasn't worth the trouble.

In normal times I've started getting onto the waitlist before I leave home and still don't make it in, despite living about an hour from LAX.

(ETA: I checked and it was in the Inflight Service Changes due to COVID-19 thread that I mentioned it.)

Last edited by chrisl137; Mar 25, 2020 at 8:21 pm
Old May 2, 2020, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Does anyone know if (and if so, to what extent) having the no-PP sign out correlates with them denying day pass purchases? Curious because that would really affect the value of the 50% day passes benefit of the credit card.
Old May 4, 2020, 10:11 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Does anyone know if (and if so, to what extent) having the no-PP sign out correlates with them denying day pass purchases? Curious because that would really affect the value of the 50% day passes benefit of the credit card.
Have been welcomed in several times when purchasing a 50% discounted day pass vs waiting until the no PP sign is brought in. At least prior to COVID - could see stricter capacity controls that might limit this when lounges open/people start flying more again.
Old May 4, 2020, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
day passes was one of the reasons why AS was limiting PP.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 10:02 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
5-Dec-2020 at 5 PM. No sign out. Walked right in to the PDX lounge with my Priority Pass. No alcohol served.

12-Dec-2020 at 5 PM. No sign out. Walked right in to the LAX lounge with my Priority Pass. No alcohol served. You are not allowed to eat or drink anything in the lounge. They will bag any items you want to take out with you (excluding alcohol).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.