Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: missamo80
Current travel advisories

Travel to/from: SEA or PDX
Tickets purchased on/before: February 12, 2019
Original travel dates: February 8 - 12, 2019
New travel dates: February 11, 2019 - February 18, 2019

(Wiki last updated 2019-02-11 9:00pm PST)
Print Wikipost

SeaTac in the snow - 2019 edition

Old Feb 9, 2019, 1:13 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Chugach
SEA looks like a mess right now. Lots of go-arounds and flights are starting to divert. PDX is picking up several diversions.
Ground stop until 12:30 am, and delays of 4hr 33min at SEA.

ETA: Ouch! UA2223 DEN-SEA is diverting to SFO (currently just east of SEA) for a flag stop and then scheduled to attempt SEA again.

Last edited by rustykettel; Feb 9, 2019 at 1:46 am
Old Feb 9, 2019, 1:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Finkface
HNL. 🌴🌺 I’ll fly over for a day and meet you for lunch.
Looks like we'll have our own 💨 to contend with this weekend. Will be nice to escape the ❄️
Old Feb 9, 2019, 1:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by beckoa
See the late ANC-SEA is cancelled as is tomorrow's noon ANC-SEA due to wx.
Now AS122 ANC-SEA at 1:35 AM is canceled.

​​​​​​Lots of other delays too...
Old Feb 9, 2019, 2:20 am

Programs: HH Silver
Not sure about the airport, but it is piling up pretty quickly downtown now. And the new forecast shows it off and on going into Tues. I have surgery scheduled for Tues that was already cancelled at the last minute last month because of a Dr's emergency, I sure hope she makes it to the hospital. Frankly I would feel better if she were flying in from LAX for it and riding the light rail to UW rather than living in Bellevue and driving in....
Old Feb 9, 2019, 8:30 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
We're used to this at SFO, which has no delays this morning so far, but looks like we're starting early in SEA today (this from 7:30am):

Due to WEATHER / SNOW-ICE, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, Seattle, WA (SEA). This is causing some arriving flights to be delayed an average of 1 hour and 25 minutes.
https://www.fly.faa.gov/flyfaa/usmap.jsp

Will be interesting to see if this lengthens as the day goes on.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by tom911
We're used to this at SFO, which has no delays this morning so far, but looks like we're starting early in SEA today (this from 7:30am):
Due to WEATHER / SNOW-ICE, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, Seattle, WA (SEA). This is causing some arriving flights to be delayed an average of 1 hour and 25 minutes.
https://www.fly.faa.gov/flyfaa/usmap.jsp

Will be interesting to see if this lengthens as the day goes on.
It almost certainly will - Seattle is gate constrained on a typical day, but once you add in deicing time and the inbound flow control delays, the taxiways will be gridlocked all day.

The only silver lining is that Saturdays have fewer flights scheduled than usual.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: *g, MVPG
It's been updated to include the 10th but I don't seem to be able to change my flight - saver fare. Is that why?
Old Feb 9, 2019, 9:58 am

Put my son on ATL-SEA this morning. Looked at Flightstats for Seattle arrivals which showed no mainline cancellations except CDG-SEA, and a number of Compass flights cancelled. Some delays, but no across the board delays currently being shown.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: *g, MVPG
Originally Posted by James Gan
It's been updated to include the 10th but I don't seem to be able to change my flight - saver fare. Is that why?
I checked in on Twitter - it was because I checked in. Just contact them if you have problems
Old Feb 9, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by xooz
Put my son on ATL-SEA this morning. Looked at Flightstats for Seattle arrivals which showed no mainline cancellations except CDG-SEA, and a number of Compass flights cancelled. Some delays, but no across the board delays currently being shown.
Is this for DL? AS has had quite a number of mainline cancellations so far, both inbound and out.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by mbluecpa

Is this for DL? AS has had quite a number of mainline cancellations so far, both inbound and out.
Yes, sorry. Should have noted I was only looking at DL arrivals today.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: Nada of note these days….
AS has now extended their waiver of fees thru flights up to February 17th.👍🏼🛬
Old Feb 9, 2019, 11:07 am

Sooo... we boarded PDX-SJC. Then we ended up waiting beyond departure for "20 pax" coming from "SEA" . At the same time there was a mx issue with the lav. Finally about an hour after our original departure they pulled off those pax going to LIH, myself included. Yes this flight would have misconnected... and now waiting on a delayed PDX-LIH flight. SJD was leaving out of B1 and needed deiced before our a/c could pull in. They're now pushed back- but still no a/c at B1 for AS841. Also lost row 3. I'm sure luggage was sent on the original aircraft too- so won't see that until tomorrow at the earliest
Old Feb 9, 2019, 11:29 am

They tried to de-ice the SEA-SAN twice and couldn't make it out, deplaned at 11 p.m. Alaska offered us a 7:40 a.m. flight to our final destination but we decided to cancel, with the upcoming weather forecast next week we don't want to risk being stranded in a foreign country for our return flight. Alaska refunded my flights without hesitation.

Alaska crew have been very kind, a huge shoutout to all those champs working so hard at the airport! Everyone please be super nice to the staff at the airport today, they want to get you guys out as much as you!
bbinchi, AS Flyer, JPat and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 1:37 pm

AS841 *just* pushed back. Deicing now...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.