Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: missamo80
Current travel advisories

Travel to/from: SEA or PDX
Tickets purchased on/before: February 12, 2019
Original travel dates: February 8 - 12, 2019
New travel dates: February 11, 2019 - February 18, 2019

(Wiki last updated 2019-02-11 9:00pm PST)
Print Wikipost

SeaTac in the snow - 2019 edition

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2019, 10:06 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
No issues tonight in DEN-SEA. We were 50 minutes late departing DEN because of the late arriving aircraft from SEA (presume it was being deiced).

Did notice several cancellations on the arrivals board though.

Looks like another snowstorm is coming Monday, although not as many inches forecast.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 5:49 am

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Originally Posted by cblaisd
No issues tonight in DEN-SEA. We were 50 minutes late departing DEN because of the late arriving aircraft from SEA (presume it was being deiced).

Did notice several cancellations on the arrivals board though.

Looks like another snowstorm is coming Monday, although not as many inches forecast.

scheduled to fly out of Seattle to MKE Monday st 12:20 pm. Any thoughts about potential cancellation due to weather at this time slot due to snow related issues?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by JPat
AS has now extended their waiver of fees thru flights up to February 17th.👍🏼🛬
we wish they would extend the original day of travel to include Monday, 11th. Would like to change but waiting for travel waiver to get updated . New storm warning issued this morning in SEA for storms 3 and 4.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pcoll

we wish they would extend the original day of travel to include Monday, 11th. Would like to change but waiting for travel waiver to get updated . New storm warning issued this morning in SEA for storms 3 and 4.
Delta has now extended theirs through Monday, but - annoyingly - not yet through Tuesday. I suspect AS will follow suit soon...

https://www.delta.com/us/en/advisori...winter-weather

Hopefully AS extends through at least Tuesday when they do extend. There’s a window Monday morning when it should be fairly possible to escape, but those seats are gonna go fast, and the longer the airlines wait to file the waiver, the harder it is for Tuesday travelers to move forward their plans and thread the needle...
Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: Nada of note these days….
Originally Posted by pcoll

I am uncertain of what was on the website on Saturday morning but I called about rescheduling our 2/13 departure & was allowed to change flights through a CSA. No change fees & no additional charge. We are Golds so the change fee waiver was a given. I wish I had taken a screen shot to confirm that our 2/13 departure date was included....
Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by JPat

I am uncertain of what was on the website on Saturday morning but I called about rescheduling our 2/13 departure & was allowed to change flights through a CSA. No change fees & no additional charge. We are Golds so the change fee waiver was a given. I wish I had taken a screen shot to confirm that our 2/13 departure date was included....

i called about a flight for tomorrow (Monday) and trying to leave today. Mvp75k and they told me no issues with flights tomorrow and thus would not allow me to leave today without a 350 change upchsrge fee. OK????
Old Feb 10, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
They've extended the waiver to the 11th.

It's going to be a long week...
Old Feb 10, 2019, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
They've extended the waiver to the 11th.

It's going to be a long week...
With the waivers is there a time frame in which a flight change for the same flight would need to be scheduled?

My flight for Monday (tomorrow) with all the crazy weather in Seattle this week makes me want to just not travel for work this week but rebook for same flight in May. Will they just charge me the difference in potential ticket price (or refund the price difference if any)? Or does the trip need to be booked within the next week or so.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
@Xrayman From AS: "We will waive the change fees and the difference in the price of the ticket if the new travel is booked to or from the affected cities in the same cabin and travel is completed during the new travel dates listed above. Additional taxes may apply. You may cancel your ticket and deposit the ticket value to your My Wallet account if you choose not to travel at all. "
Xrayman likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 3:29 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Xrayman
With the waivers is there a time frame in which a flight change for the same flight would need to be scheduled?

My flight for Monday (tomorrow) with all the crazy weather in Seattle this week makes me want to just not travel for work this week but rebook for same flight in May. Will they just charge me the difference in potential ticket price (or refund the price difference if any)? Or does the trip need to be booked within the next week or so.
They'll rebook you for free if you want to travel anytime in the next week, or they'll waive the change fee but not fare difference if you want to rebook further out (like May)
Xrayman likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 3:58 pm

Programs: AS
deleted

Last edited by pcoll; Feb 11, 2019 at 10:44 pm
Old Feb 10, 2019, 4:43 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I rebooked proactively to the day BEFORE rather than the day AFTER. I see now that by the terms of the waiver, I can only get a waiver of fees if I move to a flight on a later day, not the day before. Am I not doing them a favor by taking an open earlier seat to free up one seat the will need for all the rebookings?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, WN A-List
I find this link helpful if it was not already mentioned.

https://flightaware.com/live/cancelled/today/KSEA
Old Feb 10, 2019, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by dmodemd
I rebooked proactively to the day BEFORE rather than the day AFTER. I see now that by the terms of the waiver, I can only get a waiver of fees if I move to a flight on a later day, not the day before. Am I not doing them a favor by taking an open earlier seat to free up one seat the will need for all the rebookings?
Agree . I traveled early today instead of Monday evening, but no go from the phone reps.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by williwaw
@Xrayman From AS: "We will waive the change fees and the difference in the price of the ticket if the new travel is booked to or from the affected cities in the same cabin and travel is completed during the new travel dates listed above. Additional taxes may apply. You may cancel your ticket and deposit the ticket value to your My Wallet account if you choose not to travel at all. "
“To or from the affected cities “. When I tried to make change myself online it didn’t work so well for my needs.

Would let me change leaving the same city for a later date (Tuesday instead on Monday february 11) without added charge. but would not let me do an alternate return flight from same cities without the difference in ticket fare. I’m leaving a day later which I’ve already made arrangement for earlier today so didn’t need the change. But since I’m going out a day later I need to stay a day longer. Would like to use this reservation to get a new return flight date within the date range but online would not let me do it without the significant fare difference due to the short lead time.

My return flight would have been returning back to Seattle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.