Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Status Match (Formerly Challenge) - 2019 and Later

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Status Match (Formerly Challenge) - 2019 and Later

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by haddon90
i'll say this...i status matched from UA plat to 75K 4 years ago. this year, i'm doing everything in my power to get back to 75K because the benefits are simply amazing. i should hit 75K by mid-november. so in essence, getting the status match to 75K proved to me i had to go for it.
This year I matched from 75K to UA Premiere Platinum and met the 18K challenge in a single cheap mixed-cabin itinerary to Asia returning via Guam. Mostly for the *G through Jan 2021.

I do like being MVPG75K. Today flying PDX-DFW on an N award, I was #2 on the upgrade waitlist of 37 and got the last seat on a 738 at T-2. I do agree the benefits are amazing. I should be to MVPG next year by early February.

James
Visconti likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by h4xdaplanet
Did you get an email from Alaska? I matched on Oct 1 but do not have an email yet from Alaska, but am showing the status thru Dec 31 2020
I submitted my match request on Oct 1 too, but no email and nothing showing on the website yet.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 1:21 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by olouie
I submitted my match request on Oct 1 too, but no email and nothing showing on the website yet.
My status match three years back took three weeks, so at one week you still might need to give it some time. My first indication I was matched was on the website.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 1:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
2-3 weeks is the estimated wait time.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I submitted my match on Oct 1, as well. Just today website reflected MVPG 75K. It does say the status is good through 12/31/2020, so I am not sure why it is not reflecting the challenge timeline, or if it is just good through 2020 if I meet the challenge requirements. I imagine it's the latter.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 10:33 pm

Programs: A3*G, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by DMPHL
I submitted my match on Oct 1, as well. Just today website reflected MVPG 75K. It does say the status is good through 12/31/2020, so I am not sure why it is not reflecting the challenge timeline, or if it is just good through 2020 if I meet the challenge requirements. I imagine it's the latter.
Same here - applied on 10/1, applied today through Dec 2020. I suspect they'll yank it back, but the screenshots and such should be useful for some of the partner benefits (like BA Galleries in LHR...)
Old Oct 10, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
For those who were recently matched (post Oct. 1) to MVP Gold 75K status did you also receive all the benefits of a matched MVP Gold 75K? Did you receive the 4 guest upgrades and lounge passes?
Old Oct 10, 2019, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by gspurr
For those who were recently matched (post Oct. 1) to MVP Gold 75K status did you also receive all the benefits of a matched MVP Gold 75K? Did you receive the 4 guest upgrades and lounge passes?
Yes
Old Oct 11, 2019, 7:48 am

Applied for a status match on 10/1 from AA Gold. Flew out for a trip on all AS metal in Y a few days later and returned on 10/9. Checked my boarding pass as I was leaving the lounge on the return and noticed that I was a different boarding group than my toddler on the same itinerary, and that's when I noticed the MVP on my boarding pass. It was nice to skip the long boarding line (got spoiled from years of AA status up to EXP). Membership card states valid thru end of 2020, but I haven't received an email yet. I already have a trip on Cathay J next year, so it should be easy to renew - I had been debating whether or not to put it on AA or AS.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by kanny
I already have a trip on Cathay J next year, so it should be easy to renew - I had been debating whether or not to put it on AA or AS.
With MVP status, you will earn an additional 50% MVP Elite status bonus of the base miles in addition to the COS & Additional Bonus for flying CX J. Effectively, you would earn 125% of the miles flown in CX J as EQM and 275% of the miles flown as RDM.

James
Old Oct 11, 2019, 9:26 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott LT Gold
Both the wife and I applied on 10/1. My status was updated to Gold 75K on 10/8 and my existing itineraries were all upgraded to Premium class early morning on 10/9. Wife just received her Gold yesterday on 10/10. Waiting for her itineraries to reflect status.

No email for either of us yet. We'd love to know if this is truly going to be a 90-day status challenge as both of our statuses are reflecting 12/31/2020 expiration!
Old Oct 11, 2019, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by wolverine11
Both the wife and I applied on 10/1. My status was updated to Gold 75K on 10/8 and my existing itineraries were all upgraded to Premium class early morning on 10/9. Wife just received her Gold yesterday on 10/10. Waiting for her itineraries to reflect status.
What fare class did your wife purchase for her itineraries? As an MVPG she would only be upgraded immediately to Premium on K fares or higher. You as an MVPG75K are upgraded immediately on any non Saver fare.

If you are traveling together and you are both in the same PNR, your status will extend to her and you would both be upgraded. For future reservations you can select Premium class seating for no charge.

James
Old Oct 11, 2019, 11:00 am

Thanks for your enlightening post (and a previous post with an earning example in a spreadsheet). I was confused by the 275% for the RDM and thought it was a typo. The "50%... bonus of the base miles" took way too much time for me to finally comprehend.

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
With MVP status, you will earn an additional 50% MVP Elite status bonus of the base miles in addition to the COS & Additional Bonus for flying CX J. Effectively, you would earn 125% of the miles flown in CX J as EQM and 275% of the miles flown as RDM.

James
Old Oct 11, 2019, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by kanny
Thanks for your enlightening post (and a previous post with an earning example in a spreadsheet). I was confused by the 275% for the RDM and thought it was a typo. The "50%... bonus of the base miles" took way too much time for me to finally comprehend.
It can be a little confusing since the Elite Member bonuses are in addition to the charts, not reflected in them. The quickest way to determine your RDM earnings is to add all the columns in the charts together (this works only for fares that earn 100% EQM) and then add your Elite Member Bonus; 50% for MVP, 100% for MVPG & 125% for MVPG75K. The total, as a percentage, is how many RDM miles you will earn for the flight distance traveled. EQM will be the total of the first two columns only as the Class of Service Bonus (COS) is also EQM.

For your CX J flight, from the CX chart J (J, D, C, I) earns 100% (base), 25% COS & 100% Additional Bonus. As an MVP you earn an additional 50% Elite Bonus. Adding them together we get 100%+25%+100%+50% = 275% RDM. EQM will be 100%+25% = 125% and will be the same for everyone regardless of status level or no status.

Keep in mind that if you are flying a "direct" flight (not non-stop) on AS or a partner and the continuing flight has the same flight number you will accrue mileage based on the distance between the origin & destination, not the sum of the segments. For Instance, flying SQ LAX-NRT-SIN will accrue as LAX-SIN and SQ SIN-JNB-CPT will accrue as SIN-CPT.

James
mixmastermark likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 2:38 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
I'm thinking ahead to doing the status match/challenge next year, when my 1k status is winding down at United. It looks like there is a two to four week period between when one applies for the match, and when it is awarded.

Do the 20,000 miles flown to keep the MVP75 have to be flown only after the status is awarded, or would miles flown after the application date be counted toward the challenge? 90 days isn't a long time to plan ahead for 20,000 miles of flying if you don't know when it will begin, exactly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.