Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Card - 3x bonus purchases

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2019, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska
Alaska Card - 3x bonus purchases

I recently received the Alaska credit card and wondering exactly which Alaska purchases qualify for the 3x bonus.
  • Do gift certificates count towards the bonus category?
  • Do purchases on Alaska Mileage Plan shopping count towards the bonus category?
Old Feb 2, 2019, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by planes
I recently received the Alaska credit card and wondering exactly which Alaska purchases qualify for the 3x bonus.
  • Do gift certificates count towards the bonus category?
  • Do purchases on Alaska Mileage Plan shopping count towards the bonus category?
It has to be billed to Alaska Airlines itself.

Gift certificates would only count if purchased at the Alaska Airlines website and even then only if Alaska doesn't throw you to someone else at the final step to buy those. (For example, when you buy miles at many airlines, at the last step they often throw you to points.com, and it's points.com that it's billed to.)

Alaska partners, of which the shopping site is one, would certainly not count.

It's only for things Alaska Airlines itself sells: Flights bought directly from Alaska and stuff on those flights (or at check-in) bought directly from Alaska, Alaska Board Room lounge access fees, stuff like that.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
My Alaska Lounge membership payment didn’t result in 3x automatically. I need to call and bug them on that.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 3:21 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold / Marriott Bonvoy(age) Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum, WN A+/CP, Hilton Diamond
yea my AS lounge member ship didnt either....i didnt bug them about it....although thats 590 miles left on the table.
williwaw likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is it supoosed to? Is the charge made directly to AS or is it through some third party / contractor? You should be able to tell by looking at your statement.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
They advertise it counts in the lounge and the purchase is via their website. I’m not going to lose a ton of sleep either way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.