AS flights SEA to FLL no premium seats?

Old Feb 1, 19, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP HHonors Gold DL MS
AS flights SEA to FLL no premium seats?

Well not exactly NO premium class seats but only row 6 and exit rows 16 & 17? Really? Is it a new plane and they haven't upgraded the seat selection on the website? I'm not interested in flying from SEA to FLL in a "regular" seat
Old Feb 1, 19, 3:16 pm

Programs: DL FO, Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ORDPSC View Post
Well not exactly NO premium class seats but only row 6 and exit rows 16 & 17? Really? Is it a new plane and they haven't upgraded the seat selection on the website? I'm not interested in flying from SEA to FLL in a "regular" seat
It's an Airbus that hasn't been reconfigured yet.
Old Feb 1, 19, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

So if I book row 7 now and there is no premium class and the plane gets reconfigured to have premium class will they charge me later?
Old Feb 1, 19, 3:53 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
How soon do you plan to travel?

I noticed when I was making my F class reservation MCO-SAN, it was only about $200 less for economy before adding the $90 or so for premium. It is probably better just to pay a little more for First class.
Old Feb 1, 19, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
So if I book row 7 now and there is no premium class and the plane gets reconfigured to have premium class will they charge me later?
They won't charge you- but expect to be booted out of your seat...

They might not either.
jjmadison likes this.
Old Feb 1, 19, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

We travel mid November.

Not sure they would boot me as we are MVP so I can book that seat.
Old Feb 1, 19, 7:23 pm

Location: Juneau, Ft Lauderdale, Whitehorse, and mostly 2A or 3C. Never, EVER 4 though.
Programs: AS MVPG + BR, DL GM, Hertz Pres Circle, Natl Emerald Exec, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver
Sure enough, FLL/SEA in November is A320/A321 equipment... normally its a 737-800 or -900

25NOV MON FLL/EST SEA/PST-3
1AS 1107 F6 D6 P0 I0 U0*FLLSEA 075 620P 955P 32S 0 DC /E
A0 Y7 Z7 S7 B7 M7 H7 Q7 L4
2AS 1053 F6 D6 P0 I0 U0*FLLSEA 091 720A 1055A 32S 0 DC /E
A0 Y7 Z7 S7 B7 M7 H7 Q7 L6
Old Feb 1, 19, 7:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
At the rate itís going, by November you might have a 25% chance at getting an updated Airbus.
Old Feb 1, 19, 8:26 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k
We travel mid November.

Not sure they would boot me as we are MVP so I can book that seat.

They've been booting MVPG75k without any email notification, so MVP status wouldn't help.

Part of this thread dealt with how elites are switched out of PC or elite only seats without notice. No indication that it has gotten better. Some FT members with internal airline industry knowledge shared that AS could have opted for software that automatically changes PC to PC seats during plane swaps, but AS has decided to save money and just make frontend customer service deal with the frustrated elites.
Old Feb 3, 19, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

thanks... Not sure if I should book Row 16 or 17 exit row and pay for the premium IF they reconfigure and the exits are changed......

Last edited by ORDPSC; Feb 3, 19 at 1:59 pm
Old Feb 3, 19, 4:01 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k
thanks... Not sure if I should book Row 16 or 17 exit row and pay for the premium IF they reconfigure and the exits are changed......
Personally I would always book 17 as worst case is you become non-premium (but still get normal seats) and then could request a refund. 16 (or now row 3 in F) risks getting bumped T-12 into a middle seat, due to AS s$#*ty tech. Myself and many others on this forum have had that happen to us in the last six months, despite being MVPG75k.
ORDPSC likes this.
Old Feb 4, 19, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Thanks so much! I'm going to book row 17 right now!
Old Aug 4, 19, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Update .... Yesterday I could not pull up my flight numbers on my flight tracker app for my November flight from SEA to FLL. I knew something was up... Looked at my Alaska account the morning... flight number, times and planes were changed. 737-800 in Row 17 still an exit row is no longer premium. stayed in row 17 took the refund.

Last edited by ORDPSC; Aug 4, 19 at 5:22 pm
Old Aug 4, 19, 5:43 pm

I believe SEA-FLL was changed to A321Neo over the summer due to runway construction at FLL, leaving only the shorter runway in use. The A321Neo apparently requires less runway on takeoff. Once the construction is over, it apparently switches back to 737.

Search this Thread