Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Moves to SAN Terminal 2 - Goodbye T1 (1/29/2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Moves to SAN Terminal 2 - Goodbye T1 (1/29/2019)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:51 pm

Great News

Great news...
It will make my connection from BA to AS much easier.
I love the ability to use the Airspace lounge too.

Carfield
Old Feb 7, 2019, 10:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVPG, AA PP, UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Natl EE
Flew it at the end of Jan. The T2E area is VERY small for the number of flights in/out of SAN. Better then T1, but nothing like the nice part of new T2.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:25 pm

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
I'm taking my first Alaska flight of 2019 tomorrow.

I've got lounge passes from being a Gold 75k last year. Can the Airspace lounge desk see these in their system?
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by buzglyd
I'm taking my first Alaska flight of 2019 tomorrow.

I've got lounge passes from being a Gold 75k last year. Can the Airspace lounge desk see these in their system?
I doubt those passes' T&Cs permit you access to Airspace, unfortunately.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Does anyone know if the Airspace Lounge allows guests for Alaska Lounge members?
Old Feb 20, 2019, 9:07 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
Does anyone know if the Airspace Lounge allows guests for Alaska Lounge members?
I've not tested this location personally, but partner lounges permit two guests or immediate family, per AS website.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 4:30 am

Programs: AS Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starriott LTPP
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
I've not tested this location personally, but partner lounges permit two guests or immediate family, per AS website.
The website does indicate this. However, when I was at the check-in area during entry attempt by Alaska Lounge member last week, they tried to turn away his immediate family due to guest limit. An unrelated solo passenger offered to bring a guest, and the lounge agents seemed okay with that.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 6:58 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by soartoday
The website does indicate this. However, when I was at the check-in area during entry attempt by Alaska Lounge member last week, they tried to turn away his immediate family due to guest limit. An unrelated solo passenger offered to bring a guest, and the lounge agents seemed okay with that.
Interesting. Maybe worth reaching out to AS ahead of travel if maximizing the benefit at this lounge is important. AS might contact lounge management to ensure staff are better trained on policy. If there is indeed an exception at this location, it should be communicated to AS customers.

On the other hand, perhaps the member in question was trying to bring in family not considered "immediate" by AS (i.e., his parents, sibling, etc) or his family and a guest?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 8:06 am

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
That's what I figured. I really don't care much about lounge access in my originating airport and we're sitting in the pointy end of the plane today so I can consume during flight.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 4:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
I was able to bring my husband in as a guest w/no problem. Nice lounge.

A few other observations about T2:

Precheck was closed at T2E on Saturday. Fortunately we found a First Class line at the far left side of security and got through quickly in that. The regular line was long and slow.

As a warning to those who have not used gate 20 in T2 be ready to walk a long way from the BP reader to the aircraft. The path to the jetbridge entrance is all indoors but surprisingly long.

Finally I noticed an AS plane sitting at T1 gate 13. Looked kind of lonely sitting there all by itself.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 8:09 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Westcoaster
Precheck was closed at T2E on Saturday. Fortunately we found a First Class line at the far left side of security and got through quickly in that.
Thanks for the pro tip.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 8:22 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Also be aware that some of the E75 flights use a ramp down to the tarmac at the end of the jet bridge, then a ramp up to the plane. A bit difficult for those with mobility issues.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 4:17 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Precheck was closed at T2E on Saturday. Fortunately we found a First Class line at the far left side of security and got through quickly in that. The regular line was long and slow.
PreCheck is usually open at the T2W checkpoint if it's closed over at T2E. Since I rarely check bags, I usually get dropped off on the west side of T2 just to avoid the mess that is the T2E checkpoint and then walk over to the AS gates through the nicer parts of the terminal.
DrAlex likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by sutrosam
PreCheck is usually open at the T2W checkpoint if it's closed over at T2E. Since I rarely check bags, I usually get dropped off on the west side of T2 just to avoid the mess that is the T2E checkpoint and then walk over to the AS gates through the nicer parts of the terminal.
Good to know. We check bags these days so we started at the AS counter in T2E. There was no line there but the security line next door was crazy busy. Fortunately we were in F so we could use that line. Guess we have to always fly First Class leaving SAN now. My husband will love that.

Also be aware that some of the E75 flights use a ramp down to the tarmac at the end of the jet bridge, then a ramp up to the plane. A bit difficult for those with mobility issues.
Thanks. That's a good reason for us to not book E75s out of that airport if we have a good alternative. I really enjoy the E75 experience in the air but on the ground it can be less satisfying for those of us who are starting to fall apart.

Note: Sorry for the 2 consecutive posts. I did try the multi-quote option but did not succeed.
pbelmore likes this.

Last edited by dayone; Mar 5, 2019 at 3:38 pm Reason: Consecutive.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
... Note: Sorry for the 2 consecutive posts. I did try the multi-quote option but did not succeed.
the "Edit" button is a handy way to add stuff to an existing post

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.