Wiki Posts
Search

delayed flight question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
delayed flight question

Just got a text that my flight departure is delayed 1 hour and 59 minutes. I called to ask why and was told only 'inbound delay'. So I'm wondering if there's some kind of compensation due if the delay is over 2 hours, is it just a coincidence that they're estimating my delay at 1:59?
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: AS 75k, Hyatt EXPL, *all* the CC statuses
Nothing is legally "due" to you but after 3 hours Alaska is supposed to send you a discount code for a future flight.

Look up your original flight on flightaware.com and click the Track Inbound Plane link under the Flight Details header to see if it is in fact due to a late inbound. The timing probably just coincidentally added up to 1h59m and there's no reason for the computer to "round" to 2 hours.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
I believe comp does start at 2 hours, but it doesn't matter what's posted, it matters what actually happens. And it's arrival, not departure that counts anyway.

So there's no real advantage in them posting 1:59 vs. 2:01. You'll arrive when you arrive, and that will determine what will happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.