Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F in 73J?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2019, 4:18 am
Original Poster

F in 73J?

Hi. I'm looking to book a flight in F or J from NYC to LAX using AA points and this AS flight showed up (see screenshot below). What is 73J and why does it say "Meal: Snack" on a transcon flight? A quick Google search didn't turn anything up. Does AS not serve a meal on transcon flights? And what type of seats are available on the 73J? Is it even worth it?

Old Apr 22, 2019, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A quick Google search tells me that it's a 737-900.

Your flight leaves after 8pm so no meal (at least according to the website)

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/flight-experience/first-class/food-and-drink
jimmygottfredson likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
The "snack" served is usually a sandwich or salad with chicken etc. I actually enjoy the light meal service on an overnight flight.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
The "snack" served is usually a sandwich or salad with chicken etc. I actually enjoy the light meal service on an overnight flight.
That's not always the case. Last night I had a flight with "snack" meal service and it was the snack basket.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 1:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
That's not always the case. Last night I had a flight with "snack" meal service and it was the snack basket.
A Tcon with only the snack basket? Should be a little sandwich, soup, or protein plate
Old Apr 22, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
A Tcon with only the snack basket? Should be a little sandwich, soup, or protein plate
I didn't say it was a transcontinental flight, just that it was a flight marked as Snack

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.