New N Gates Open 1/23/2019

Old Jan 22, 19, 4:28 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
New N Gates Open 1/23/2019

Buried in the video: 5 new N gates are opening tomorrow (1/23). Whoever's flying tomorrow check it out and report back!
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Jan 22, 19, 6:05 pm
vgc

I'm flying back from JFK tomorrow. If we end up in the N gates I'll take pictures.
Old Jan 22, 19, 10:55 pm

Programs: VS Life Time Gold, BA Gold, Alaska MVP Gold
Just walked over to the Starbucks that overlooks and there is a long ramp down to the lower level. Seems very nice.
Old Jan 22, 19, 11:51 pm

I participated in the simulation about a week ago. Still a ton of work to be ton in the area (ie none of the food vendors or Alaska lounge will be open for several more months). Itís a very modern and crisp building, but to me it lacked color and Alaska branding. A beautiful facility nonetheless, and a major improvement over ASAís existing SEA facilities. Once itís all complete, I think itíll really be a great terminal.

Old Jan 22, 19, 11:52 pm

flatdawgs likes this.
Old Jan 22, 19, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by manymanymiles View Post
Just walked over to the Starbucks that overlooks and there is a long ramp down to the lower level. Seems very nice.
I think youíre referring to the D annex, not the new N terminal. There arenít any ďlong rampsĒ in the new N terminal.
missamo80 likes this.
Old Jan 23, 19, 7:33 am

Programs: AS 75K,AA Plat, UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott Tit, Hyatt Glb, Accors Plt, Natl Exec, Avis PC
I wonder when and what phase the outside access N gates will be removed (if ever?)? The next big phase is to upgrade the old N terminal. I imagine they may need those outside (temporary?) gates then too? Unless they conflict with some of the new N terminal gates?
Old Jan 23, 19, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by dmodemd View Post
I wonder when and what phase the outside access N gates will be removed (if ever?)? The next big phase is to upgrade the old N terminal. I imagine they may need those outside (temporary?) gates then too? Unless they conflict with some of the new N terminal gates?
N11, N12A/B/C and N16 have been taken out of service today.
Old Jan 23, 19, 11:54 am

Programs: Alaska 75K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt, BonWhut?
does one have to take a bus if assigned to these gates?
Old Jan 23, 19, 12:04 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
The official Sea-Tac Interactive Map already seems to be updated with some of the new layout on the NW side of N terminal. It shows 5 gates on one side of that end, N15, N16, N17, N18 & N19.

According to the map, gate N1 doesn't exist anymore. Looks like the central area of the terminal will be the next to get worked which makes sense I guess, moving from W to E.
Old Jan 23, 19, 12:05 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Can't wait to check it out Saturday night!
Old Jan 23, 19, 1:44 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by lalala View Post
does one have to take a bus if assigned to these gates?
These are N gates. You take a train to get to the N terminal and then they are there. No bus.
Old Jan 23, 19, 2:32 pm

Programs: AS 75K,AA Plat, UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott Tit, Hyatt Glb, Accors Plt, Natl Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Putzy View Post
N11, N12A/B/C and N16 have been taken out of service today.
So there is no net gain in # of gates? Will there ever be a gain in gates prior to completing the old side for renovations there?
Old Jan 23, 19, 3:04 pm
vgc

Originally Posted by vgc View Post
I'm flying back from JFK tomorrow. If we end up in the N gates I'll take pictures.
Got off the C gates today. With the train not running from there, I just headed straight out. Sounds like others got to check out the new N gates though.
Old Jan 23, 19, 3:31 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by dmodemd View Post
So there is no net gain in # of gates? Will there ever be a gain in gates prior to completing the old side for renovations there?
They're doing work in phases to minimize impact to operations. When all work is complete, net gain of 8 new gates in the N terminal. More details on the project: https://www.portseattle.org/projects...-modernization

Search this Thread