Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Minimal EQM awarded?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

Minimal EQM awarded?

I seen a term in the wiki that seemed to indicate there was a minimal EQM awarded regardless of flight distance. Does this exist and what is it? If I fly SEA-PDX for 129 miles, am I awarded something different than 129 EQM miles?

Thanks
James
Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:02 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TheotherJames
I seen a term in the wiki that seemed to indicate there was a minimal EQM awarded regardless of flight distance. Does this exist and what is it? If I fly SEA-PDX for 129 miles, am I awarded something different than 129 EQM miles?

Thanks
James
Minimum 500 EQM per flight. Unless it is a CX flight which is distance flown. That is why we like to "hop" to our destinations.

EDIT: The COS and Elite bonus are based on the 500 minimum. Fly SEA-PDX as a Gold on an M fare and you earn 625 EQM/RDM + 500 Bonus Elite RDM for a toal of 1125.

James
Eurynom0s and spamman808 like this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 5:15 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Minimum 500 EQM per flight. Unless it is a CX flight which is distance flown. That is why we like to "hop" to our destinations.

EDIT: The COS and Elite bonus are based on the 500 minimum. Fly SEA-PDX as a Gold on an M fare and you earn 625 EQM/RDM + 500 Bonus Elite RDM for a toal of 1125.

James
Quick question: I don't think it'll wind up mattering but I'm still curious. I've got a LAX-SEA-YVR flight coming up that I booked as a single itinerary. Will I get 1081 EQM (the combined flight mileage for LAX-SEA+SEA-YVR) or will I get 1454 EQM (954 miles for LAX-SEA, plus the minimum 500 EQM for SEA-YVR)? If the former I'm assuming I'd need to have booked LAX-SEA and SEA-YVR as separate itineraries to get the 1454 EQM?
Old Jan 20, 2019, 6:12 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Eurynom0s
Quick question: I don't think it'll wind up mattering but I'm still curious. I've got a LAX-SEA-YVR flight coming up that I booked as a single itinerary. Will I get 1081 EQM (the combined flight mileage for LAX-SEA+SEA-YVR) or will I get 1454 EQM (954 miles for LAX-SEA, plus the minimum 500 EQM for SEA-YVR)? If the former I'm assuming I'd need to have booked LAX-SEA and SEA-YVR as separate itineraries to get the 1454 EQM?
Each segment accrues independently so 1454 is correct. The only time it will differ is if you are on direct flight with a stop where both flight segments have the same flight number. For example, SEA-PSP (Seattle to Palm Springs) as a direct flight will stop in SFO and the continue onto Palm Springs as the same flight. In this case the accrued miles will be SEA-PSP, not the sum of SEA-SFO + SFO-PSP.

James
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:20 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Good to know that CX doesn't honor the 500 mile minimum rule, never noticed that before.

So when it comes to partner airlines, you should always double check because I suppose that could change in the future. Also with partner airlines, you might be flying in a fare code that gives less than 100% earning (such as K fare on BA) - but you'll still earn 500 miles. I'm 99% certain my BA flight from LHR to CDG did this, but I can't remember my fare class now...

Also if you're flying on an AS or partner fare that gives a bonus, like extra 100% EQM, you'll earn 1000 miles.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:25 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
All good info, and a reminder that all COS/elite/minimum mileage additions will be lumped in the "bonus" column on the mileage activity page. I've been confused in the past at seeing less than 500 in base mileage, only to realize everything else had been added in bonus (and EQM calculation seemed to be correct as well). I wish they'd break it out a bit more, at the very least just to show EQMs accrued.
Flying for Fun likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.