Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Lounge Membership Purchase - Any Way to Do a Split Tender (Multiple Cards)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Lounge Membership Purchase - Any Way to Do a Split Tender (Multiple Cards)?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2019, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime

I'm considering purchasing an Alaska Lounge membership and was wondering if anyone has ever successfully purchased a membership using a split tender across two (or more) credit cards?

My reason for doing this strangeness is to use some airline incidental credits across various cards.

Sadly I missed the October 2018 promotion where Alaska had a $100 rebate for new members, if they could show membership in Priority Pass, Delta, or United Clubs.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:54 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
When I joined in-person, they used the web form from Alaska.com to sign me up. Would have just done it myself had I realized. I’d try emailing [email protected] and explaining what you want to do.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 10:14 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
OP, did you ever get an answer?

I need to renew, and my company will pay 1/2 (and I'd like to use the corporate credit card for that half); I could do the other half with a check, personal credit card, or debit card.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by cblaisd
OP, did you ever get an answer?

I need to renew, and my company will pay 1/2 (and I'd like to use the corporate credit card for that half); I could do the other half with a check, personal credit card, or debit card.
no I never was able to find anything out. My hope is that next time I pass through an AL airport, I can ask at their front desk and see if a split tender is possible.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I was not successful earlier this year. I was going to renew and wanted to also add my wife. Tried to split my Amex and hers, as we both get a 250 airline credit. After being told no by a few different agents, I finally had to renew mine separately, and then call in a few days later to add my wife with her card. So separate transactions were needed in my situation.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:12 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I did email as suggested above, and this was the exchange:

I need to renew my Alaska Lounge membership later this week before my next flight. My company will pay one-half the fee, and I'd like to use the company credit card for that half, and use either check, personal credit card, or debit card for the other half. Is that possible to do? I could do so in person in SEA or over the phone, whichever works best.

Thank you for writing into the Alaska Lounge. Our team in Seattle would be happy to process this for you! When you arrive to any of our Seattle lounges this week, just let any concierge at the front desk know that you would like to renew and they will be able to assist you.

And I can split the cost into two forms of payment, as I asked?? Thanks.

Yes, you can!

Thank you. When I was at the SEA N lounge a couple of weeks ago, I asked and no one there knew if a split payment was possible or how to do it if it was.

They most definitely have the ability and tools to do so. If they have a problem, they will reach out to me and I can take care of it. But it’s always easier for them to handle these types of things in person.

XXX
Alaska Lounge Coordinator
Johnny O likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 7:43 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, Alaska, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, MGM Gold
This is fantastic.....

Originally Posted by cblaisd
I did email as suggested above, and this was the exchange:

I need to renew my Alaska Lounge membership later this week before my next flight. My company will pay one-half the fee, and I'd like to use the company credit card for that half, and use either check, personal credit card, or debit card for the other half. Is that possible to do? I could do so in person in SEA or over the phone, whichever works best.

Thank you for writing into the Alaska Lounge. Our team in Seattle would be happy to process this for you! When you arrive to any of our Seattle lounges this week, just let any concierge at the front desk know that you would like to renew and they will be able to assist you.

And I can split the cost into two forms of payment, as I asked?? Thanks.

Yes, you can!

Thank you. When I was at the SEA N lounge a couple of weeks ago, I asked and no one there knew if a split payment was possible or how to do it if it was.

They most definitely have the ability and tools to do so. If they have a problem, they will reach out to me and I can take care of it. But it’s always easier for them to handle these types of things in person.

XXX
Alaska Lounge Coordinator
This is great news but I'm also guessing you had to do it in person at an Alaska Lounge?
cblaisd likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 8:19 pm

Programs: AS
This has been discussed on FT- AmEx page for Alaska Airlines airline credit . Apparently the airline credit can be used toward lounge membership. It does need to be done by Lounge Concierge when you are there. Cannot be done online.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 12:19 pm

Alaska Lounge Membership pay with multiple cards?

I was wondering if I can split the payment for the lounge membership fee across two Hilton Aspire cards (me and spouse) and have it be credited towards the Airline Incidental Fee Credit offered on those cards?
Old Sep 19, 2020, 12:36 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
There are some reports around here somewhere that it can be done in person at an AS lounge, but not on line or over the phone. No personal experience (yet).
Old Sep 20, 2020, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
See the reports here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...2020-a-18.html
(you may need to work back a few pages but this year others have done exactly what you wish to do)

Last edited by dayone; May 13, 2022 at 12:44 pm Reason: Redact circular link after merge.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 6:10 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Last time I did it separately, I paid for myself, and then called back a few days later to add my wife.

I had tried to do both of them at once and didnt have any luck.
Old May 13, 2022, 10:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AS MVP Gold 100K, Hilton Diamond(Amex), Marriott Platinum
DP- I was able to renew my lounge membership over the phone doing a split tender. I called the regular CS line and asked if this was possible. They said yes but they would need to transfer me to a supervisor. It took a bit for them to find someone who had the ability to do it but got it done with no issues. Took a total of 25 minuets.
Old May 13, 2022, 10:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AS MVP Gold 100K, Hilton Diamond(Amex), Marriott Platinum
FYI, only certain supervisors in the correct department can do split tenders which is why it took as long as it did. Took about 5 minutes once I had the right person.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.